753G problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

fiddlearound

Hi Guys, I've tried to solve this myself to no avail. This 786 G has no power to the right side board. Won't light up when I try to enter code. The left side works and the lights work. I've tested the fuses and tried to test the black relays. Can't find access to the back of the fuse box. The battery is well charged and the ground appears to be good. Is it the BICS or simply a fuse/relay? I wish Bobcat had this electronic system back and I had a simple key switch. Alton

Bobcatdan

Honestly if I had to fix this, first thing I would do is swap the dash and see if that is the problem. This a delux, keyless dash, right. From what you are saying, I take it you push enter and the machine comes to life, but you can't enter the start code. If the dash is the problem and I bet it is, you can put the stanard key switch dash in and have the dealer "downgrade" the controllersetting to key. If you want a simple key switch, you have to go back to a F series. G's do not have a true key switch.

OP
OP
F

fiddlearound

Honestly if I had to fix this, first thing I would do is swap the dash and see if that is the problem. This a delux, keyless dash, right. From what you are saying, I take it you push enter and the machine comes to life, but you can't enter the start code. If the dash is the problem and I bet it is, you can put the stanard key switch dash in and have the dealer "downgrade" the controllersetting to key. If you want a simple key switch, you have to go back to a F series. G's do not have a true key switch.
Thanks, Bobcatdan, that is correct. Have to push "enter" to even light up the board, then enter code, then "start" after auto glo plug. This machine runs very well, but this is the third time I've had these annoying electrical problems. Thus the wish for a simple key system. I guess I'll just have to schedule a Bobcat tech come out and get me out of my misery.

AllSkidsteers

Thanks, Bobcatdan, that is correct. Have to push "enter" to even light up the board, then enter code, then "start" after auto glo plug. This machine runs very well, but this is the third time I've had these annoying electrical problems. Thus the wish for a simple key system. I guess I'll just have to schedule a Bobcat tech come out and get me out of my misery.
This may sound strange, but try tapping on the control panel to jar it a little bit. I had a skidsteer do almost the same thing....you would tap on it and then it would start. It might at least help you get it started and get it on a trailer. Hope this helps. Brent www.AllSkidsteers.com

jerry

This may sound strange, but try tapping on the control panel to jar it a little bit. I had a skidsteer do almost the same thing....you would tap on it and then it would start. It might at least help you get it started and get it on a trailer. Hope this helps. Brent www.AllSkidsteers.com
That was a common problem with dodge caravan mini vans for a while too. I had one when it would not start just knock on the instrument cluster and away it would go. If the board is open enough in the back so it can get dusty that also can cause trouble.