753 with D722E

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

busted_knuckles

Have one at work, anyhow this thing runs fine and does not smoke at idle. As soon as you bring the engine speed up, its blows a black column, whether under load or no load. If you try to move the machine or move the boom or bucket, it bogs down, under full throttle, empty bucket. Problem was just dropped in my lap, I have no history on the machine. It has a clean unobstructed airway. Is this a fuel timing problem within the pump itself ? As much as it smokes, I dont understand why the engine speed would not pick up, being that it does this when its not under load, as well, as under load. Anyone seen this or have any suggestions as to where to strart, also curious if there are service manuals floating around for this machine, and where do you pick one up (factory service manual_. Also, where is the VIN or serial number on this, and where do I cross that number to find out the model year ? Thanks for the help ! , BK

OldMachinist

753 should be a V2203 Kubota engine. Check if the aux. hydraulics are stuck on. Serial number should be on a metal tag at rear of machine.
Serial_number_location.jpg

Bobcat machines don't have a model year they just go by the serial number for parts and service info.

OP
OP
busted_knuckles

busted_knuckles

753 should be a V2203 Kubota engine. Check if the aux. hydraulics are stuck on. Serial number should be on a metal tag at rear of machine.

Bobcat machines don't have a model year they just go by the serial number for parts and service info.
Ahh yes. you are correct, its a 453. The machine has been painted red, all over, so it didnt jump out. Thanks for the response and the trouble shooting idea.

OldMachinist

Ahh yes. you are correct, its a 453. The machine has been painted red, all over, so it didnt jump out. Thanks for the response and the trouble shooting idea.
On a 453 the serial number tag should be by your right knee sitting in the cab. Right steering lever also controls aux. hydraulics.

OP
OP
busted_knuckles

busted_knuckles

Its got a grapple bucket on it, and the grapple is working, both ways, and not moving on its own, so I assume that is not the problem. Does the hydro ever take a dump where its eating all the power, but not doing anything ? Anything else to look for. Do I need to take a pressure reading ? Anybody know if this machines manual is still available from the dealer.

OldMachinist

Its got a grapple bucket on it, and the grapple is working, both ways, and not moving on its own, so I assume that is not the problem. Does the hydro ever take a dump where its eating all the power, but not doing anything ? Anything else to look for. Do I need to take a pressure reading ? Anybody know if this machines manual is still available from the dealer.
If the hydraulics are working(bucket lifts and tilts) then the hydrostatic pump isn't locked up. Hydraulic pump is driven by shaft coming off the hydrostatic pump.
Does the machine move at all when you move the steering handles at idle?

OP
OP
busted_knuckles

busted_knuckles

If the hydraulics are working(bucket lifts and tilts) then the hydrostatic pump isn't locked up. Hydraulic pump is driven by shaft coming off the hydrostatic pump.
Does the machine move at all when you move the steering handles at idle?
Yes, the machine moves at idle, and does not bog down, unless you dump a load on it, as in moving the sticks to get the machine moving at full speed at idle.

OP
OP
busted_knuckles

busted_knuckles

Yes, the machine moves at idle, and does not bog down, unless you dump a load on it, as in moving the sticks to get the machine moving at full speed at idle.
Oh, the serial number is 51501129* or at least I think that is the serial number your asking for, its on the tag on the right hand side, next to the model number.

OldMachinist

Send me a email and I'll send you a link to download the service manual.
I wanted to know if it would move at idle just to make sure the brake wasn't stuck on. The next thing I'd do is remove the drive belt and see if the engine will come up to speed to isolate if it's a engine problem or pump problem.
Also I sent a email.

OldMachinist

I wanted to know if it would move at idle just to make sure the brake wasn't stuck on. The next thing I'd do is remove the drive belt and see if the engine will come up to speed to isolate if it's a engine problem or pump problem.
Also I sent a email.
Did you get it figured out?

OP
OP
busted_knuckles

busted_knuckles

Did you get it figured out?
Thanks for the email and contents thereof.
No, have not touched it, its a back up machine, we have a sister to it (that is currently up and running). Its not scheduled for any work, we have a sister to it for the mean time, but when we get caught up on other priority repairs, Im going to drop the belt, and go from there, thanks again, for youre help !

OP
OP
busted_knuckles

busted_knuckles

Thanks for the email and contents thereof.
No, have not touched it, its a back up machine, we have a sister to it (that is currently up and running). Its not scheduled for any work, we have a sister to it for the mean time, but when we get caught up on other priority repairs, Im going to drop the belt, and go from there, thanks again, for youre help !
Ok, after all this, the machine is "going away" to a new owner, not repaired. It was decided we didnt need it, have a second 453 so its leaving as is. Thanks for the help just the same, BK.

Tazza

Staff member
Ok, after all this, the machine is "going away" to a new owner, not repaired. It was decided we didnt need it, have a second 453 so its leaving as is. Thanks for the help just the same, BK.
It's a shame, it could have been your next project :)

Latest posts