743 service manual

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dirttrax

Hi, I am new to the forum. I had a S250 and when work went, well, stopped, I sold it and bought a used 743 to keep around the house. It is a 90's model and has 1100 hours. I am changing all fluids and cleaning out the chain case to find I have three broken chain link bushings. The link is not broken, just the bushing. Will I have to replace the chain? My tractor did not come with a service manual. Thanks I hope someone has some helpful advice. Great forum guys!!!

Tazza

Staff member
Not really sure what you mean by chain link bushing, but if a new master link will fix it, i see no reason why you need to replace the chain if the rollers all still look to be in good shape.

OP
OP
D

dirttrax

Not really sure what you mean by chain link bushing, but if a new master link will fix it, i see no reason why you need to replace the chain if the rollers all still look to be in good shape.
Sprockets are in great shape. It is three of the chain link rollers that are busted. Can this be fixed with a master link?

Tazza

Staff member
Sprockets are in great shape. It is three of the chain link rollers that are busted. Can this be fixed with a master link?
Sadly no, a master link does not have rollers as far as i was aware.
Chain is pretty cheap, cut it to length and install a link. It is a big job to get it on without breaking the chain first. Talk to a wire rope or bearing shop to get the new chain.

jduhamel

I have a PDF of a 741 742 743 service manual if you would like it. Please forward me your email and I will send it to you.

Zorack

I have been looking ALL over for this manual! Would you be kind enough to send it to [email protected] ?? Thanks so much!
You can probably get a hard copy of the manual on ebay,as I prefer the printed version versus the pdf one,since it's easier to haul around when you are working on a skidsteer :)

ksstang

You can probably get a hard copy of the manual on ebay,as I prefer the printed version versus the pdf one,since it's easier to haul around when you are working on a skidsteer :)
Yeah, I've found them on there, $75.00 and on up. I figured if I could find a PDF of one on here I'd just print it out, laminate it and put it together in a BIG 3 ring binder. I have access to all that stuff where I work.

Zorack

Yeah, I've found them on there, $75.00 and on up. I figured if I could find a PDF of one on here I'd just print it out, laminate it and put it together in a BIG 3 ring binder. I have access to all that stuff where I work.
MY S220 service manual is pretty thick,including wiring diagrams and I bet it's at least 1K pages(I've never counted though),I think I bought mine for $35 on ebay,I can't remember as it's been awhile :p