743 overheating...should there be a fan?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jd21476

My 743 was overheating. I checked the thermostat and it works, checked the water pump and it seems fine. The radiator is not clogged. I did notice that the engine does not seem to have a fan to pull the air through the radiator. I could not find it in the parts manual but is there supposed to be some kind of fan?

lfutrell

The fan is in between the engine and the pump, It should have a plastic schroud around it directing the air thru the radiator and oil cooler.

OP
OP
J

jd21476

The fan is in between the engine and the pump, It should have a plastic schroud around it directing the air thru the radiator and oil cooler.
So I figured out what I'm missing. I'm missing the cover for the blower housing. I'll have to get it at Bobcat on Tuesday since they are not open this weekend.

reaperman

So I figured out what I'm missing. I'm missing the cover for the blower housing. I'll have to get it at Bobcat on Tuesday since they are not open this weekend.
Did you just get the machine? Because if you had it for a while and now its overheating it could be the radiator cap is shot and not letting the system build up pressure.

OP
OP
J

jd21476

Did you just get the machine? Because if you had it for a while and now its overheating it could be the radiator cap is shot and not letting the system build up pressure.
I got it a while ago but never really drove it for more than about 10 minutes becasue I had nothgin for it to do. I am using it to redo my front yard and was waiting for a good time to start the project and it was jsut sitting. I think I fixed it now with a modified cover until I can order one next week