743 Hydro Leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Panasync

Which valve do you have? there is one that is one piece and the other is in degments.
Where is it leaking oil?
It's one big "block" with 4 valves inside. I just bought it, and the U-Joint where broken. So I have not have the machine running yet. So it's hard to exactly where the leak is. I took out the engine, and gave it a good wash. About an hour later it was wet with hydraulic oil. Seems to be leaking from one of the end caps in the engine side. It's hard to see exactly where, probably easier when I get the U-Joint and engine installed. But it is a lot easier to repair now when the engine is out :)

Tazza

Staff member
It's one big "block" with 4 valves inside. I just bought it, and the U-Joint where broken. So I have not have the machine running yet. So it's hard to exactly where the leak is. I took out the engine, and gave it a good wash. About an hour later it was wet with hydraulic oil. Seems to be leaking from one of the end caps in the engine side. It's hard to see exactly where, probably easier when I get the U-Joint and engine installed. But it is a lot easier to repair now when the engine is out :)
While the engine is out, it's a good time to do the spool seals, one quad ring at each end of the rod. The dealer will have the parts, i sugguest you use them, then you know they are rite.

antfarmer2

While the engine is out, it's a good time to do the spool seals, one quad ring at each end of the rod. The dealer will have the parts, i sugguest you use them, then you know they are rite.
Listen to the Fish the two lines that cross are behind the shroud and they fail right where they cross I just replaced mine as many others had to I had mine bent local and did the one to the cooler also as it was pitted for a hundred bucks doing it in rubber looked harder and I pulled the rad and the cooler for a good cleaning and put the engine in before them made it a very easy one man job lining up the ujoints