743 fuel injectors

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
When you start to have problems. Black smoke, hard starting, loss of power. There really is no set time frame to get them tested/replaced/repaired. Some injectors will out last the engine, but things do happen that may cause this to change.
They are pretty easy to check, as long as your filters are good there really is no reason for them to get stuck or dirty. If you are worried you can take them to a shop and they can test them easy enough.

OP
OP
R

rickyboy

When you start to have problems. Black smoke, hard starting, loss of power. There really is no set time frame to get them tested/replaced/repaired. Some injectors will out last the engine, but things do happen that may cause this to change.
They are pretty easy to check, as long as your filters are good there really is no reason for them to get stuck or dirty. If you are worried you can take them to a shop and they can test them easy enough.
just above the oil filter there is a rod connected to a fly gate that increases the RPM's this part is worn and leaks oil when the motor is real warm.. is this part hard to change? any help would be great, I have been wanting to fix this problem now is a very good time.

mrfixitpaul

just above the oil filter there is a rod connected to a fly gate that increases the RPM's this part is worn and leaks oil when the motor is real warm.. is this part hard to change? any help would be great, I have been wanting to fix this problem now is a very good time.
I've changed a few or them and they're not too tough. I always replaced the cover, shaft, gasket and o-ring. just be careful not to lose the springs on the other end of the shaft when taking it apart.

Tazza

Staff member
I've changed a few or them and they're not too tough. I always replaced the cover, shaft, gasket and o-ring. just be careful not to lose the springs on the other end of the shaft when taking it apart.
^^ Agreed! watch the springs, they can fall off and drop down the timing cover and into the sump.