743 Backhoe Attachment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kyosho

Which Bobcat backhoe attachment fits a 1987 743? I see all sorts of different Bobcat brand backhoes and I found one for sale locally and want to make sure it will fit on my machine. Thanks in advance.

Tazza

Staff member
They can all be made to fit, but you need to ensure its not too heavy for it to lift. If you can find out the size (weight), work from there. Your machine is rated to lift about 1,500 lbs or about 750 kg.
Hopefully thats a starting point.

nerker

They can all be made to fit, but you need to ensure its not too heavy for it to lift. If you can find out the size (weight), work from there. Your machine is rated to lift about 1,500 lbs or about 750 kg.
Hopefully thats a starting point.
I have a 743 with a bobcat 909 hoe attachment. My 743 came with the "trailer ball" mounting brackets and the 909 fit perfectly and was the proper load for this machine. I am sure there are other brands that would fit as well. Be sure you get the proper mounting hardware with whatever brand you purchase. Good luck, Tom

skidsteer.ca

I have a 743 with a bobcat 909 hoe attachment. My 743 came with the "trailer ball" mounting brackets and the 909 fit perfectly and was the proper load for this machine. I am sure there are other brands that would fit as well. Be sure you get the proper mounting hardware with whatever brand you purchase. Good luck, Tom
The 909 bobcat hoe has a 9 ft dig depth, and is a prettygood match with a 743. I had one on a 753 and it was good so long as you did'nt need to back up a steep hill. In that case is was a bit nose heavy but some counterweights would have cured that to.
The 709 is the newer version of the 909 and has different brackets which I'm not sure were available for the 743.
Any 9 ft hoes should be a good match.
Ken

OP
OP
K

kyosho

Thank you everyone. The 'trailer ball' frame mounts - can anyone provide a picture of what these look like on a 743? If I go to look at the backhoe attachment it would be nice to know what these mounts look like or what I would need on my 743. From the picture of the attachment it looks like the attachment has these types of mounts.

OP
OP
K

kyosho

Thank you everyone. The 'trailer ball' frame mounts - can anyone provide a picture of what these look like on a 743? If I go to look at the backhoe attachment it would be nice to know what these mounts look like or what I would need on my 743. From the picture of the attachment it looks like the attachment has these types of mounts.
I'll add that I can see only part of the attachmen in the craigslist ad I found it in. It is a Bobcat brand backhoe attachment but I can't see the model... The person selling it got it from his father that passed away and doesn't know the model, etc. Trying to find out what I can before seeing it in person.

Fishfiles

I'll add that I can see only part of the attachmen in the craigslist ad I found it in. It is a Bobcat brand backhoe attachment but I can't see the model... The person selling it got it from his father that passed away and doesn't know the model, etc. Trying to find out what I can before seeing it in person.
I know of one for sale in New Orleans , don't know the model or price , it was on a 743 , has the trailer ball things and hydraulic out riggers

OP
OP
K

kyosho

I know of one for sale in New Orleans , don't know the model or price , it was on a 743 , has the trailer ball things and hydraulic out riggers

jerry

Look in the media, photo file at the top of this page and there is a folder "homemade upper stabilizer brackets" it will give you some idea of what they look like.

OP
OP
K

kyosho

Look in the media, photo file at the top of this page and there is a folder "homemade upper stabilizer brackets" it will give you some idea of what they look like.
I see them - look like simple angle iron brackets bolted to the frame (not the boom) with 2" trailer balls on them. I'll have to look at the machine that he is selling and see if these brackets exist on it - and get them with the backhoe. If not, they look pretty easy to make. I am assuming that when to put one of these types of backhoes on your machine - you put it on the bob-tach, then lift the boom slightly, then tilt the bob tach back, lower the boom slowly until the backhoe rests on the trailer balls, then tilt the bob tach forward until the backhoe is then into the balls. Something like that, right?

Tazza

Staff member
I see them - look like simple angle iron brackets bolted to the frame (not the boom) with 2" trailer balls on them. I'll have to look at the machine that he is selling and see if these brackets exist on it - and get them with the backhoe. If not, they look pretty easy to make. I am assuming that when to put one of these types of backhoes on your machine - you put it on the bob-tach, then lift the boom slightly, then tilt the bob tach back, lower the boom slowly until the backhoe rests on the trailer balls, then tilt the bob tach forward until the backhoe is then into the balls. Something like that, right?
That is exactly how its held in place. There is always movement in the bobtach, so mounting the backhoe to the frame of the machine eliminates that movement. The trailer ball setup is really simple, yet it works very well too.

wings5j

Howdy, If you do a "Google" search on the Bobcat 909 backhoe, you should come up with some archived pictures from www.govdeals.com that really show the mount system well. I just bought an old D-100 backhoe and will be copying the 909 bachoe attach system and mounting it on my 742B. John