642B axle bearings

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mahans7

does anyone make the installation tools to put the shaft and seal back in?
Tazza, could you email a picture of your 6' water pipe with the angle iron welded on to it and I'll post it. I want to duplicate it. Thanks. Ed

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, could you email a picture of your 6' water pipe with the angle iron welded on to it and I'll post it. I want to duplicate it. Thanks. Ed
Ed, please send me an e-mail to remind me and i'll try to get one for you tomorrow.

Langloim

Ed, please send me an e-mail to remind me and i'll try to get one for you tomorrow.
Get a piece of angle iron, measure the pitch from one stud paralle to the other. drill this pitch. use a breaker bar and crack the bolt loose (good chance it'll have loc-tite thread locker on it). slowly using a bearing puller the axle off becareful cause the inner bearing race will drop out. once the inner bearing releases the whole axle can remove. When you buy your bearing go get a journal repair kit just in case the seal seat is nicked or damaged. Remove the old bearing and seal, pre oil your new seal and slide on your seal and new bearing. When you install the new outer races go pick up a seal/race driver to help squarely seat the race. With your bearing and seal on slide the axle back into position. for the inner bearing you'll need to maker a pusher to mount on the axle and slowly push the bearing into postion Don't go all the way in (you may need to help start the seal square and ease it into the hub lightly with a bearing puller half to pry against. When you're close mount a dial indicator on the wheel hub and measure for a float of .010"-.020" continue until you achieve this mesurement. When complete torqure in 3 steps to the recommand valve, wait after 15 minutes recheck final torque. complete your assembly.