641, 642,643 manuals

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ZekeSkyree

In the spirit of sharing, I have the manuals for the 641, 642 & 643 Bobcats. If anyone would like a copy let me know.

OP
OP
Z

ZekeSkyree

Second time's the charm....

Attachments

• Bobcat-642-Skid-Steer-OPT.pdf
    12.6 MB · Views: 40
  • Bobcat 641, 642, 643 Skid Steer Loader Service Manual.pdf
    15.9 MB · Views: 49
  • BOBCAT 642 SKID STEER LOADER PARTS MANUAL 501411001 & Above.pdf
    11.4 MB · Views: 78
OP
OP
Z

ZekeSkyree

Best of luck. I spent most of last year bringing my 642 back from the dead. All I have left is the wiring harness and it'll be good as new...

mike.lippmann

Thanks for these!! Do you happen to have a YouTube channel? I've got the B model also with the Mitsubishi engine, trying to find a little bit of info on checking oil pressure but can't find anything on line. Weird enough the oil light is on after replacing the water pump. The only thing these two have in common is that the timing belt has to come off which runs the oil pump.

OP
OP
Z

ZekeSkyree

I have the non-B 642... It has the ford 4 cylinder engine. Glad too, as the ford is dead simple and I have no experience with diesel engines.

I would check your wiring. IMHO there is no way a water pump should cause an oil pressure issue. Simple things first.

mike.lippmann

I absolutely agree the timing belt shouldn't have caused this, that's why it's so weird. The only connection between the two is that the timing belt runs the pump. The down side is I can't find any in formation on how to test the pressure to verify if it's a pump issue or wiring/sensor issue. The Mitsubishi is still a 4cyl gas and from what I've found the oil pressure sensor is in the oil pan vs side of the block where I could put a gauge. The search continues but thanks again for these manuals!

dfb

I also have the 4G32 in my 742B, the oil pressure switch is on the backside of the oil filter housing at the 11 o'clock position when viewed from behind the machine looking fwd. The wire/connector to it breaks out of the harness with some wires for the alternator also. I can see where it could have easily been disturbed inadvertently while moving the harness around the upper timing belt cover when servicing the water pump. HTH.

dfb

Apologies if I am re-posting this a second time, I was redirected to log in when posting the 1st attempt.

I also have the 4G32 in my 742B, the oil pressure switch is located in the base of the oil filter at the 11 o'clock position when viewed from the rear of the machine. It breaks out of the wiring harness with the wires for the alternator. It could easily have been inadvertently disturbed while moving the harness from the upper timing cover to service the water pump. HTH.

mike.lippmann

Thanks for the information! Hoping to get after this issue this weekend. I also found the engine manual which shows there is a timing mark on the oil pump pulley I want to check out. From what I'm seeing it might have more to do with the "silent shaft" which I'm not sure if mine has or not and really don't think that is my problem but at this point I'll try anything. It's a great machine for the size and perfect for what I need. Information on it is hard to find so this chat is great!

mike.lippmann

So I dug into this a little tonight and found what you were talking about with the sensor by the oil filter. Mine looks like it has two sensors, one on the front and one on the back side. The one on the back side has two wires firmly attached. The on on the front has one terminal empty and the other with a wire cute. Is there really two sensors? Or did someone add one to the front as a plug? Finding an engine manual is tough as the only one I can find is for 4g3 which showers similar breakdown but slightly different so confirming what I'm seeing is a bit tough.

Latest posts