632 Drive Motor Sproket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kburroug

Has anyone recently replaced the drive motor cluster sprockets on an older 632? I purchased two new sprokets however the new sprockets bore are .020" tighter than the old sprockets which will not allow the new sprocket to fully seat on the shaft. Any help is appreciated!

Tazza

Staff member
That's a lot smaller.... No wonder it won't go on. You may need to talk to your dealer and see why its the wrong bore size, they must have given you the wrong one.
I assume you are talking about the reduction box on the side of the chaincase?

OP
OP
K

Kburroug

That's a lot smaller.... No wonder it won't go on. You may need to talk to your dealer and see why its the wrong bore size, they must have given you the wrong one.
I assume you are talking about the reduction box on the side of the chaincase?
I am referring to the chain sprocket on the drive motor. I measured the bore compared to the old sprocket and the taper is actually cut different. I am having a machinist atttempt to correct the taper. At the large end of the taper the diameter is correct however at the small end there is .075" diffference. I contacted the dealer and they have no answer other than some models have an upgraded 1 1/2" shaft on the drive motor which is a huge difference. One of the new sprockets was actually not cut all the way through also, so I am thinking it is just poor workmanship.

jerry

I am referring to the chain sprocket on the drive motor. I measured the bore compared to the old sprocket and the taper is actually cut different. I am having a machinist atttempt to correct the taper. At the large end of the taper the diameter is correct however at the small end there is .075" diffference. I contacted the dealer and they have no answer other than some models have an upgraded 1 1/2" shaft on the drive motor which is a huge difference. One of the new sprockets was actually not cut all the way through also, so I am thinking it is just poor workmanship.
check with another dealer even if they are a distance away, there is definitely a difference in dealers. If you are stuck with them you could have the taper recut at a shop but should not have to. the place you got them should order a new set to see if they are the same.

SkidRoe

check with another dealer even if they are a distance away, there is definitely a difference in dealers. If you are stuck with them you could have the taper recut at a shop but should not have to. the place you got them should order a new set to see if they are the same.
I was thinking the same thing: sounds like the dealer is not trying hard enough. For the money that you pay for original parts, they better (explative) fit!!!!
It is about this time that I start giving the dealer my "the best customer is a repeat customer" speech. They should be bending over BACKWARDS to keep customers in this economy.
Go get 'em!!!!