543 with slow lift/bucket action

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
E

elbowcarey

I have faith in it
Check it out!!!!!!!!!!! Success ....... I'll tell ya I learned to the end with this project...... Fired her up and pressure was at 2500Psi, adjusted the relief valve out a lot til I got her down to the 15-1600area, and seems nice now.....Speed is definately there, went with the tractor fluid instead of the diesel oil, noticed a lot of foaming but I remember when I changed out the drive motor and had to add a lot of fluid the same thing happened for a little while then went away.....Thanks for everyones help............Now onto maintenance and updating before spring gets here

Tazza

Staff member
Check it out!!!!!!!!!!! Success ....... I'll tell ya I learned to the end with this project...... Fired her up and pressure was at 2500Psi, adjusted the relief valve out a lot til I got her down to the 15-1600area, and seems nice now.....Speed is definately there, went with the tractor fluid instead of the diesel oil, noticed a lot of foaming but I remember when I changed out the drive motor and had to add a lot of fluid the same thing happened for a little while then went away.....Thanks for everyones help............Now onto maintenance and updating before spring gets here
Well done, hopefully it will hold up well.

OP
OP
E

elbowcarey

Ok I checked it out like you said and here's what I've got....
First off the two ports are different sizes and checking against the old one it seems that the suction(in) is larger then the hi-pressure(out). Now on the old pump it has arrows top/bottom of the pump housing for rotation of the internal gears which do match with the oil flow as Tazza says, so I'm good with that.....But now the new pump seems different to me...
The old pump turns clockwise at the shaft end and that shaft is connected to the upper gear...
The new pumps shaft would be connected to the lower gear if installed to match the in/out ports of the original pump which would mean that it will spin the wrong way
I can't call until Monday.... What do you guys think?
Hey Fellas,
So to adjust the relief valve from pressure read at the aux coupler what is correct? When I engage the aux hydraulics my pressure goes straight to 1500 psi then slowly climbs up to approx 1800psi and stops. If setting the presuure from this perspective is this right? Only reason I am getting anil about it is because I am trying to get the maximun pressure I can in this system to run my new log splitter............1500 - 1600 is right for my machine.......Thanks Craig

Tazza

Staff member
Hey Fellas,
So to adjust the relief valve from pressure read at the aux coupler what is correct? When I engage the aux hydraulics my pressure goes straight to 1500 psi then slowly climbs up to approx 1800psi and stops. If setting the presuure from this perspective is this right? Only reason I am getting anil about it is because I am trying to get the maximun pressure I can in this system to run my new log splitter............1500 - 1600 is right for my machine.......Thanks Craig
That is the rite way to measure it, not sure why it creeps up though.
Is the machine warm? ensure you have the revs at about 3/4