453 my new toy.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OldMachinist

I'll pull my timer/relay out later today and let you know.
Here you go I put wire locations on your photo.
relay.jpg

Something else you need to know is that the timer/relay also acts as roll over switch and won't work unless the arrow is pointing up.

OldMachinist

Here you go I put wire locations on your photo.

Something else you need to know is that the timer/relay also acts as roll over switch and won't work unless the arrow is pointing up.
Also the fuses are on the upper left hand side of the engine compartment under plastic covers with a metal strap.

OP
OP
K

Katoh

Also the fuses are on the upper left hand side of the engine compartment under plastic covers with a metal strap.
OldMachinist Cannot thank you enough, your advice and information has been spot on and invaluable to say the least. I got my beast fixed this afternoon, and yes it will shut off too, all good down under once again. I take great pleasure in posting once again when I start building my fork's, til then I bid all a good evening. Cheers Katoh

OldMachinist

OldMachinist Cannot thank you enough, your advice and information has been spot on and invaluable to say the least. I got my beast fixed this afternoon, and yes it will shut off too, all good down under once again. I take great pleasure in posting once again when I start building my fork's, til then I bid all a good evening. Cheers Katoh
Glad you got it going. Looking forward to your fork build post.

Smokin_Joe

Glad you got it going. Looking forward to your fork build post.
Nice to see I am not the only one who bought a 453. I am really surprised to hear that the 453 turns off with the twist of a key. I have always had to turn it off by pulling out the stop button just below the seat. Like the old tractors or split loaders where you would lift the foot petal to turn them off. I will have to see about this solenoid and timer lol

OP
OP
K

Katoh

Nice to see I am not the only one who bought a 453. I am really surprised to hear that the 453 turns off with the twist of a key. I have always had to turn it off by pulling out the stop button just below the seat. Like the old tractors or split loaders where you would lift the foot petal to turn them off. I will have to see about this solenoid and timer lol
G'Day Smokin_Joe Good to see you have joined a great club, I absolutely love my little 453, I admit I don't do to much with it , but its just like having another pair of hands, and the little forks for it are the best thing since sliced bread. Be warned there not a big machine and they are quite tippy, but if you drive them properly and take it easy you should have no worries. Here is my fork build, http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=58795 not a bad read if you intend to put a set of forks on it. I can lift a full 44Gl drum of Yak Fat (Used Veg Oil) of the truck with no problems, take it slow till you get the weight down then just go. I gave mine a Dulux overhaul (paint job) and new decals looks like a brand spanker now! A reversing camera with big screen so I don't run over Kids/Dogs/Wife even though I try. I have new seals for all the rams total cost about $90Au but yet to install them. Just have some many more things that need doing first. Anyhow enjoy your little machine, Their like a foxy(Fox Terrier) small but have a bloody big heart. Lots of good post's here also on the 453, that's where I studied up before buying mine. Cheers Katoh

kyhamoge

Smokin Joe, I purchased a 453 model new back in 1997. It does have an "engine stop control" that needs to be pulled out to shut the engine off, and pushed back in when the engine shuts down. The key also is turned to the "OFF" position. This machine has served me well now for 16 years! I also use forks and a toothbar attachment from time to time. Great little powerhouse of a machine!

Latest posts