2004 Cat 430D No start issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Joefire

Hello and Happy Holidays to all.. I have some questions about this machine. It cranks over fine but does not start, I have approx. 8psi fuel pressure from electric lift pump and volume appears to be good.I do not have repair manual for this machine to check specs,etc. Sometimes I will get fuel pressure from injection pump and engine will start up,but when throttle lever is opened does not accelerate.There are two electrical components on this Perkins/dephi Inj. pump. One is an air/fuel ratio control solenoid and other is not in parts diagram but is connected to coolant sensor for timing advance. Anyone familiar with this system? Thankyou, Joe

Tazza

Staff member
Its almost as if the shut down solenoid is sticking, allowing fuel to get to the pump/injectors and then not..... Is there a way to test it? or is it done with a stop lever?
Sorry, i don't know this system, it sounds a little complicated with the extra sensors.

OP
OP
J

Joefire

Its almost as if the shut down solenoid is sticking, allowing fuel to get to the pump/injectors and then not..... Is there a way to test it? or is it done with a stop lever?
Sorry, i don't know this system, it sounds a little complicated with the extra sensors.
Thanks Tazza, It does not have a mechanical lever for fuel shut off. I suspect that what they call an enrichment system may be the fuel cut solenoid. You can ohm any solenoid and should be under 30 ohms,but that is just one test.. Going to look on internet for more info.. Thanks Joe