2001 cat 226b

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

blink2u

Hi all ! My first post ,I am looking at buying a Cat 226b skid steer , it hasn't been run for 5 mons . The owner is unable to get any electrical up to the dash area /key . I am located 6hrs away from the unit ,so I loaded up tools and made a run down to trouble shoot .Heres what I found , battery is good , 12v thru the 80amp resettable breaker ,12v thru to a 4in long solenoid ,to one side ,and that's it ! That solenoid is not being triggered , if I jump the solenoid, the dash lights up . So I'm hunting for what triggers that solenoid?I have a couple guesses , I had the owner fiddle with the seat belt , locking and unlocking ,with no luck ,the safety bar as well ! If I purchase this unit , I will hunt down a decent service manual (any ideas or suggestions??) ,but am not ready to spring for the manual until after the purchase .I have googled the problem 50ways but get led in circles with the same answers? when I google schematics I don't get anything I can follow . Back to suggestions on service manuals , seems like everything is digital down load ,does anyone know if there are any suppliers that do a CD version, I have seen some prices on paper manual (which I would love) , but very pricey! I know that the big price for paper can seem moot if you have to bring Finning in at $200 plus an hr ! The unit again is at cat 226 sn 5zf0----. I apologize if this topic has been covered and I have not sought it out .

flyerdan

I moved this to the Cat forum as it's more likely that someone here will have what you need.
In the meantime, have a look at the Caterpillar manuals , while there isn't anything there for your model, perhaps an electrical schematic fro a 246 might be close enough to figure it out. Chances are they kept the same architecture whenever possible to ease production and servicing.

OP
OP
B

blink2u

I moved this to the Cat forum as it's more likely that someone here will have what you need.
In the meantime, have a look at the Caterpillar manuals , while there isn't anything there for your model, perhaps an electrical schematic fro a 246 might be close enough to figure it out. Chances are they kept the same architecture whenever possible to ease production and servicing.
Thanks for the reply