Fuel Solenoid Wiring Help.. 873 G

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jorswift

So when I got the machine, the solenoid plug was burned up. I ordered a new plug and adapter to solenoid. The plug is a 3 prong, with 2 wires. Does anyone know the correct wiring orientation? I see there are some small numbers on the plug. My old one was so bad it wasnt even attached. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

OP
OP
J

jorswift

So trying to wire this thing up. I am going directly from the alternator wire when key is on it shoots voltage. However, are both legs hot, or is 1 hot and 1 negative? When the key is on, neither of the 2 solenoids would push out. They both click then stop.

foton

if it works like I think it does you will have a ground thru the frame of the machine and a hot that energizes when the key is in the start position and a wire that stays on when in the run position.

OP
OP
J

jorswift

if it works like I think it does you will have a ground thru the frame of the machine and a hot that energizes when the key is in the start position and a wire that stays on when in the run position.
It only has 2 wires. A positive and ground.

OP
OP
J

jorswift

Found the wiring diagram. 2 wires on the right. One power and one negative.

Attachments

• IMG_9054.jpeg
    IMG_9054.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15

873skid

There are just 2 wires . One hot one ground. I just cut the hot wire on fuel shut off solenoid plug in and re-routed to alternator switched hot wire.

OP
OP
J

jorswift

Got a new solenoid. Found the hot wire coming from the alternator when key is on and wired it up from there. All seems to work again with key. Thanks for the help.