1995 Bobcat 753 drive issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

drmstk

I just bought a Bobcat 753 a week ago. I didn't pay much for it because of the right drive motor issue. I bought the o-ring kit from Loader parts source and everything went well. Right drive motor works now. My issue is when I push the right stick forward, it activates both drive motors evenly and goes straight. I just use the left stick to steer either way. Reverse acts the same. If I push only the left stick forward it goes straight forward as well and use the right stick to steer. Reverse works the same. If I push both sticks forward it goes straight but seems to fight me getting there. Shouldn't each drive motor be separate from each other like my zero turn? Is there maybe a bypass that is activating?
A little history. It has over 6000 hours. Hydraulic fluid had water and was white. I drained all I could when changing drive motor seals. Bought extra hydraulic fluid to flush out again very soon. I did not change case filters or the main hydraulic filter yet but have them in today. Could one of the case filters be plugged up from the o-rings from the right drive motor? The o-rings were almost gone so I know they are in a filter somewhere. Maybe the one under the tank. Thanks in advance for any ideas on what is going on.

Last edited:

KyMadMan

It could be a clogged filter, but I would check the adjustments on the controls. Someone might have adjusted them to compensate for the weak right drive motor. Make sure nothing is binding and check the movement of the controls without the motor running. You are correnct, each side should work independent of the other.

OP
OP
D

drmstk

I bet you are right. I did see white marks on the flat bar marking the current adjustment. I will check it all when I get a chance and reply back. Thank you!!