1994? I Think 743 DS weak drive very noisy

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

antfarmer2

Model : 743 DS Serial : 5025-M-51493 ???
Wow that is close does it have a big metal box on the left side of the hydro pump with three hoses comming of the left side? If so the hose in the middle has a brass filter that gives all kinds of problems pull and clean real good or replace

OP
OP
T

totaleq0111

Wow that is close does it have a big metal box on the left side of the hydro pump with three hoses comming of the left side? If so the hose in the middle has a brass filter that gives all kinds of problems pull and clean real good or replace
No my port block is on the right fender how do I find out what year this is?

antfarmer2

No my port block is on the right fender how do I find out what year this is?
No look at the hydro pump in the center see if it has one big hose going to the left or a steel block on the left side of the pump with three hoses comming of I think will have to call bobcat for the year

antfarmer2

No look at the hydro pump in the center see if it has one big hose going to the left or a steel block on the left side of the pump with three hoses comming of I think will have to call bobcat for the year
Did you ever find your brakes?

OP
OP
T

totaleq0111

Did you ever find your brakes?
The brakes have been removed. The loader does not have the block you are talking about ant. I noticed the other day that the left side seemed weaker than the right so today for the he k of it I pulled the shuttlevalve from the right drive motoreverything seemed ok but having a hard time putting it back in the Allen cap will stop at about 3/4 in I have put it in and taken it out a thousand times. But I keep getting heavy resistance at 3/4 in...I have decide that my problem is the left hand drive motor I'm.gonna swap em tomorrow and see if the problem moves

antfarmer2

The brakes have been removed. The loader does not have the block you are talking about ant. I noticed the other day that the left side seemed weaker than the right so today for the he k of it I pulled the shuttlevalve from the right drive motoreverything seemed ok but having a hard time putting it back in the Allen cap will stop at about 3/4 in I have put it in and taken it out a thousand times. But I keep getting heavy resistance at 3/4 in...I have decide that my problem is the left hand drive motor I'm.gonna swap em tomorrow and see if the problem moves
That is the best thing to do I got the seal kits for mine but have not used them yet found out the the seal to my chain case was leaking.......if you don' have brakes or the brass filter looking like bad drive motors all I know about them is that they are timed some how and that you have to seal the threads will hand you off hopefully Tazza will take over and I can learn from here on have a great day

antfarmer2

That is the best thing to do I got the seal kits for mine but have not used them yet found out the the seal to my chain case was leaking.......if you don' have brakes or the brass filter looking like bad drive motors all I know about them is that they are timed some how and that you have to seal the threads will hand you off hopefully Tazza will take over and I can learn from here on have a great day
Tazza also has some tricks to dress up your hydro pump

OP
OP
T

totaleq0111

Tazza also has some tricks to dress up your hydro pump
I got the manual and started reading does anyone know if charge psi should maintain around 90-115psi during operation? If not then im not sure about the drive motors because i cant see how that would explain my low charge psi???

antfarmer2

I got the manual and started reading does anyone know if charge psi should maintain around 90-115psi during operation? If not then im not sure about the drive motors because i cant see how that would explain my low charge psi???
Your bucket hydro works but will not drive is this right.......past me think we need Tazza I would like to learn more

jerry

Your bucket hydro works but will not drive is this right.......past me think we need Tazza I would like to learn more
If you changed the hyd filter and still have the old one cut it open and look for bits of metal. If you have not changed it now would be the time to do that , if you have a motor or pump dying there may be evidence in the filter. On my old 632 when I got it they had changed drive motors but never looked at the hyd filter. it was full of crud to the point that it had collapsed internally. I ended up redoing the hydro pumps also.

Tazza

Staff member
If you changed the hyd filter and still have the old one cut it open and look for bits of metal. If you have not changed it now would be the time to do that , if you have a motor or pump dying there may be evidence in the filter. On my old 632 when I got it they had changed drive motors but never looked at the hyd filter. it was full of crud to the point that it had collapsed internally. I ended up redoing the hydro pumps also.
Not a whole lot i can add to this. There is no hidden filter on this model that can cause issues like this. Did this problem just start all of a sudden, ir has it been there since you got it?
The pumps can be brought back to life if they are slightly worn. If the pumps are worn, your drive power would be lower than it should.
If you decide to go this way, i can give you details of what to do, it will involve removing your main pump, it's not a hard job, but you need to keep things clean clean clean.

OP
OP
T

totaleq0111

Not a whole lot i can add to this. There is no hidden filter on this model that can cause issues like this. Did this problem just start all of a sudden, ir has it been there since you got it?
The pumps can be brought back to life if they are slightly worn. If the pumps are worn, your drive power would be lower than it should.
If you decide to go this way, i can give you details of what to do, it will involve removing your main pump, it's not a hard job, but you need to keep things clean clean clean.
Well I am up for anything right now I would really like to get this thing goingadvice on helping renew the pumps would be awesome. But I am thinking most of my problem is in the motor or charge psi circuit as I have put a gauge in line at the pump on each line and I'm getting around 3700 psi on each line when I creep the stick either way. Any help or info on the hydro motors would be appreciated as the manual I have isn't veryin depth. thanks for everyone s help. I have went thru a bunch of these posts on the forum here that look related to my problem but I can't view any pics it says they have been removed

Tazza

Staff member
Well I am up for anything right now I would really like to get this thing goingadvice on helping renew the pumps would be awesome. But I am thinking most of my problem is in the motor or charge psi circuit as I have put a gauge in line at the pump on each line and I'm getting around 3700 psi on each line when I creep the stick either way. Any help or info on the hydro motors would be appreciated as the manual I have isn't veryin depth. thanks for everyone s help. I have went thru a bunch of these posts on the forum here that look related to my problem but I can't view any pics it says they have been removed
The gauge, if you install it on one of the drive motor hoses so it dead ends, see what pressure you get, the relief should be set to 5,000 PSI. Check both sides to see if they both reach 5,000 PSI or not.

OP
OP
T

totaleq0111

The gauge, if you install it on one of the drive motor hoses so it dead ends, see what pressure you get, the relief should be set to 5,000 PSI. Check both sides to see if they both reach 5,000 PSI or not.
Got a question about the shuttle valve on the pump when I pulled the motor and tore it down I pulled the shuttle valve out and lookin at it it seems to be made up of 7 parts it had a cylindrical piece with a collar and then a spring the a small piece that looks like a ferral from a n air fitting (i think it's the shuttle) then the piston the n , and here's the part I'm not sure of , another ferral (shuttle) then a noteher spring and another cylindrical piece. Is that right when I ordered the seal kit at the local dealer the parts breakdown only showed one ferral )shuttle)? It looks like it should have two...thoughts

Tazza

Staff member
Got a question about the shuttle valve on the pump when I pulled the motor and tore it down I pulled the shuttle valve out and lookin at it it seems to be made up of 7 parts it had a cylindrical piece with a collar and then a spring the a small piece that looks like a ferral from a n air fitting (i think it's the shuttle) then the piston the n , and here's the part I'm not sure of , another ferral (shuttle) then a noteher spring and another cylindrical piece. Is that right when I ordered the seal kit at the local dealer the parts breakdown only showed one ferral )shuttle)? It looks like it should have two...thoughts
Let me try and think, the shittle valve in the motor should have a pin, two end caps that the two spring rests on, then two tapered bits that slide on the pin that the springs push into place.
The only other way to be sure is to crack open the other one and check it's parts too.

OP
OP
T

totaleq0111

The pump could be worn too.
Does it lift the bucket pretty quickly?
Is the oil all foamy after running it?
OKay got my seal kits and shuttle valve parts and trying to get the motor back together. I remember reading about these things needing to be timed...anyone have any info on how to time this thing? Thanks in advanced...ps is this in the manual i have one but cant seemed to find it. anxiously waiting this thing back together

Tazza

Staff member
OKay got my seal kits and shuttle valve parts and trying to get the motor back together. I remember reading about these things needing to be timed...anyone have any info on how to time this thing? Thanks in advanced...ps is this in the manual i have one but cant seemed to find it. anxiously waiting this thing back together
Look up my profile and send me an email, i have pictures if it scanned in somewhere.

Latest posts