Trying to track down 2 ASV MD 70 Serial Numbers

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Art

I am trying to track down two ASV MD 70 Serial #. One is PTO840-JWPDT, 1997 Model per ASV Corporate search. The other one is PT840-DWDD. 1993 model The reason being as the machine I bought from a Troy A Schumacher, was suppose to be a 1997 ASV MD 70, When it broke down after less than 10 hours of operation, I was checking for parts and checked the serial number on the machine and it was PT840-DWDD. I called Schumacher to verify the number and he told me he got the number off the post of the machine, I explained to him that this was not the number that I had and He stated that" that was the serial number he got off the machine and had called ASV to verify the year? So I am trying to find out if anyone has the PTO840-JWPDT, so I can perhaps prosecute MR. Schumacher and get some of my money back. 1993 models have different parts and are much more expensive to operate. One of the Danfoss Drive Motors was leaking profusely, and I had a hard time tracing the leak as the oil leaked out on the ground right next to the track and I wasn't parking it on cement, so the ground absorbed the oil. It is my opinion that Schumacher knew about the problem because he stated he had parked in in his shed, which had a cement floor. So any info I can get would be helpful, perhaps someone out there has had dealings with Troy A. Schumacher of Rice Lake WI? Thank You, Art

Kurley

Hi Art, I recently purchased an MD 70 from a fella here in Michigan, it is supposed to be a 1997 model MD 70, the numbers that I can find are on a sticker on the front of the operators control panel but are very, very, very faint. From what I can read it looks like PT2530-DWJ I will try and get it in the sun where I may be able to read it better is there a different location possibly stamped in the machine anywhere? I would be glad to help but I am also going off of the sellers information that was provided to me and represented as a 1997 ASV MD70. Cliff

Kurley

Hi Art, I recently purchased an MD 70 from a fella here in Michigan, it is supposed to be a 1997 model MD 70, the numbers that I can find are on a sticker on the front of the operators control panel but are very, very, very faint. From what I can read it looks like PT2530-DWJ I will try and get it in the sun where I may be able to read it better is there a different location possibly stamped in the machine anywhere? I would be glad to help but I am also going off of the sellers information that was provided to me and represented as a 1997 ASV MD70. Cliff
sorry could not find an edit on this forum format PT2530-DWJD forgot the last digit

OP
OP
A

Art

The serial number is also stamped on a plate under the seat. You need to take the seat off. There is a plate under the seat you take off to access the drive shaft. The serial number is stamped on the housing in the area towards the battery box that the plate covered. This is sometimes difficult to read as it gets worn. Thank you for answering back. You can call ASV in Grand Rapids MN. To find out the exact year from that serial number. Art