Trolls and Spam

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SkidRoe

Hi Geoff, is there anyway to report a post the does not belong on this site? I have noticed that their are few trolls hanging around the site lately, as well as a least one spam poster this past week. Thanks - SR

6brnorma

I've noticed this also and I'm with you SR……may not be something he can do much about until the upgrade is up and running.

mark18mwm

I've noticed this also and I'm with you SR……may not be something he can do much about until the upgrade is up and running.
If this forum is like a couple others I'm on, as long as there no replies to their post they think they are not getting enough exposure here and just move on. However if you reply, even with a smart ass "get the hell outa here" comment they know someone is paying attention and stick around. Hopefully they just go away.

Tazza

Staff member
If this forum is like a couple others I'm on, as long as there no replies to their post they think they are not getting enough exposure here and just move on. However if you reply, even with a smart ass "get the hell outa here" comment they know someone is paying attention and stick around. Hopefully they just go away.
When i see the spam posts, i do delete them.
The problem is, there is no way to stop spammers setting up an account, we can only look out for them and delete as they are seen.
Thankfully, it really doesn't happen often, it could be much worse.

owensge

Yep, just let one of us moderators know and we'll delete them. Thanks, p.s. t The new version will have the ability to mark a post as spam...