Tiller compatible for Bobcat 843

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Venom

Looking into pruchasing a tiller attachment for my mid '80s 843. Any suggestions or what I should look for in a good used tiller attachment?

skidsteer.ca

The older ones are harder to find in a wider width that will cover the tracks of your tires of a larger loader ike a 843.
Also most are chain drive, which s ok but you have a chain to maintain and a oil compartment to make sure is not leaking.
Newer tillers have direct drive drive and some ike the Erskine ones have a drive motor on each end for more torque on the rotor.
I'd say a get good look at the tines for wear and see if any are missing. If it has a chain, sampe the oi for wear and steel. Try to move the rotor shaft up and doen to see if the bearings are still tight.
Ken

OP
OP
Venom

Venom

The older ones are harder to find in a wider width that will cover the tracks of your tires of a larger loader ike a 843.
Also most are chain drive, which s ok but you have a chain to maintain and a oil compartment to make sure is not leaking.
Newer tillers have direct drive drive and some ike the Erskine ones have a drive motor on each end for more torque on the rotor.
I'd say a get good look at the tines for wear and see if any are missing. If it has a chain, sampe the oi for wear and steel. Try to move the rotor shaft up and doen to see if the bearings are still tight.
Ken
Thanks for the reply. I will take your information into account when shopping.