Thomas / Kubota Filters Available @ NAPA

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

AlphaBob

Everybody probably already knows this, but just in case: NAPA (www.napaonline.com) has a part cross-reference section (PartPRO SE - located on the home page) that allows the user to cross-reference part numbers. On my T133S, the Thomas number for the hydraulic filter cross references to a NAPA # after I clicked the "Interchange" option under "Search". Also the Kubota part numbers for the oil, fuel and air filters cross reference - just be sure to NOT put any hyphens, spaces or anything in the Kubota # - just one long part number. Finally, make sure to haggle over the price with NAPA (i.e. "Is this your best price on this part?") because NAPA has some pretty highly-tiered pricing for the uninitiated. I'd be curious if everybody already knows this? And, if there are other good cross-reference resources?

Thomastech

Many of the major filter manufacturers have cross references online.
www.baldwinfilters.com
www.pureoil.com
www.filter1.com gets my business now. They pay the freight on orders of $50 or more in the lower 48 and stock and sell quality wix filters at a geat price. They also have a link to the Wix cross reference
Ken
WARNING! When cross referencing filters, you should make sure you know the specifications on the two filters. For example, Thomas use a 5 micron filter for the hydraulic oil and if you cross reference the numbers the Napa one is only a 10 micron which will not give you the proper protection for your system. Another thing to check is the make up of the filter element, there are different kinds such as paper, cellulose, and synthetic. You should not used a corrugated paper filter in a hydraulic as the paper may become damaged and plug the suction filter in the oil tank. If you are not using the proper filter for your system, you will void your warranty. Just remember because a filter looks the same on the outside, it doesn't mean it is the same on the inside, and it is what's inside that really counts.

OP
OP
A

AlphaBob

WARNING! When cross referencing filters, you should make sure you know the specifications on the two filters. For example, Thomas use a 5 micron filter for the hydraulic oil and if you cross reference the numbers the Napa one is only a 10 micron which will not give you the proper protection for your system. Another thing to check is the make up of the filter element, there are different kinds such as paper, cellulose, and synthetic. You should not used a corrugated paper filter in a hydraulic as the paper may become damaged and plug the suction filter in the oil tank. If you are not using the proper filter for your system, you will void your warranty. Just remember because a filter looks the same on the outside, it doesn't mean it is the same on the inside, and it is what's inside that really counts.
Good Point! Wouldn't want to use a 10 micron where a 5 micron is required - thanks for the heads up.

Latest posts