snowblower

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

adsmith72

I have searched for sometime on here and think I have an answer, but I want a second opinion. I am trying to add a 60" snowblower to a 642b. I converted it to a kubota diesel which wont make much difference. Just throwing that in. By my calculations I need about 3-4 hp per foot of blower. So I need at least 15hp to run the blower. I cant come up with any configuration that gives me enough hp and rpm's from the hyd. flow I have to make it work. Has anyone tried running a snowblower off of an older machine? If so, how well did it work. I dont want to do all the work to find it wont throw snow.

Tazza

Staff member
I'd think you'd need to find out what the hydraulic motor for the blower requires to get the speed and torque you are after.
How did you come up with the 4-5hp/foot?
If you can get the motor details for the blower, you can put them into a calculator to work out how much pressure and flow are required to get that motor to do the job. The more pressure you have available will give more more power at the blower, the more flow will give you the speed to get the snow away from the machine.

jerry

I'd think you'd need to find out what the hydraulic motor for the blower requires to get the speed and torque you are after.
How did you come up with the 4-5hp/foot?
If you can get the motor details for the blower, you can put them into a calculator to work out how much pressure and flow are required to get that motor to do the job. The more pressure you have available will give more more power at the blower, the more flow will give you the speed to get the snow away from the machine.
If you read the posts from skidsteerca you saw that he sold a 60 inch to a guy with a 743 with 11 gpm. He was a Erskine dealer I believe till he went to the oil patch to seek his fortune , I would call the Erskine people and talk to a service manager or someone knowledgeable about it. I am sure it can be done if done right.