sickle bar mower/cutter on a quick-tach plate?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jeffscarstrucks

Has any one ever seen or built one of these? A hydraulic motor running one on a plate seems like it would be a useful tool. I use one on the tractor to trim tree lines as well as ditch banks and one that could be raised might be good,not as efficient as forestry tools though. A little scary looking as well! I do not recall ever seeing one commercially available. JEFF

OldMachinist

I've never seen one but it's a project I'm thinking of doing this winter. I've got a Haban sickle mower from a Sears garden tractor that I'm going to use. I've also got the frame from the garden tractor that it attaches to so I think it's going to be just a matter welding the frame to a quick attach plate and working out the best hydraulic motor for it. I was also thinking of putting a cylinder on it to change the cutting angle and to raise it up to the transport position. The other avantage to using the tractor frame is I might be also able to run the original mower deck too. If I find the time to do it I'll post pictures.

OP
OP
Jeffscarstrucks

Jeffscarstrucks

They are available. The SKID-SICKLE lists for $6995.00.
For that money, I would build one myself...
WOW, that is pretty much what I had in mind. I was trying to post the version of that I use under a 401b John Deere but no need now. I will have to keepmy eyes open at sales for some of the pieces. Thanks, JEFF