MD70 Tracks, Same As ?????

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hammer Down

Hi all. Trying to get a pretty nice MD70 up and working 100% and it could use a set of tracks versus trying to patch them up with a few dozen Larry Lugs. When I first bought it last fall I stumbled upon a forum thread some place where a guy mentioned the great deal he got when he bought a set of tracks labeled for a different make and model that fit his MD70 perfectly, and for the life of me I can't find the thread again. So....Does anybody know what other make/model tracks fit the MD70? Or any lead on a set at a good price would be very much appreciated. Thanks for any help.

OP
OP
H

Hammer Down

I have been trying to dig up as much information as can be found online and from what I have discovered the only difference between the MD70 track, part # 0403-109 and the ASV track for the 2800/2810- 4500/5420- and 4810 models, part # 0700-260, is the shape of the drive lug. The ASV MD70 drive lugs are tent shaped where as the 0700-260 drive lugs are barn shaped. Both tracks are 18" wide x 220" long and have 56 drive lugs. That being true, and assuming the shape of the top of the drive lug would not much matter, the MD70 should be able to run the later track which is also shared by a few Cat models. My own thought on the shape of the drive lug is that a barn shaped lug would be more durable and far less exposed to flex and breakage than a tent shaped lug that came to more of a point. Also the Larry Lugs, replacement composite lugs, for the MD70 are barn shaped. Someone please correct me if I have any of the above information wrong. I will try to find someone at ASV to verify if the newer track will indeed work on the MD70.

OP
OP
H

Hammer Down

I have been trying to dig up as much information as can be found online and from what I have discovered the only difference between the MD70 track, part # 0403-109 and the ASV track for the 2800/2810- 4500/5420- and 4810 models, part # 0700-260, is the shape of the drive lug. The ASV MD70 drive lugs are tent shaped where as the 0700-260 drive lugs are barn shaped. Both tracks are 18" wide x 220" long and have 56 drive lugs. That being true, and assuming the shape of the top of the drive lug would not much matter, the MD70 should be able to run the later track which is also shared by a few Cat models. My own thought on the shape of the drive lug is that a barn shaped lug would be more durable and far less exposed to flex and breakage than a tent shaped lug that came to more of a point. Also the Larry Lugs, replacement composite lugs, for the MD70 are barn shaped. Someone please correct me if I have any of the above information wrong. I will try to find someone at ASV to verify if the newer track will indeed work on the MD70.
Upon review in the parts manuals I found on the ASVI website the parts numbers I have listed above that I had found on a track sales website are incorrect. The track parts numbers shown in the parts manuals for the MD70, 2800/2810, and 4500/4520 is 0302-758. The track number for the 4810 is 0310-666. Although the part number is different for the 4810 the machine still uses the same drive sprockets, axles, etc.., and the track is the same dimensionally. Still trying to figure this all out! Any help would be appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
Upon review in the parts manuals I found on the ASVI website the parts numbers I have listed above that I had found on a track sales website are incorrect. The track parts numbers shown in the parts manuals for the MD70, 2800/2810, and 4500/4520 is 0302-758. The track number for the 4810 is 0310-666. Although the part number is different for the 4810 the machine still uses the same drive sprockets, axles, etc.., and the track is the same dimensionally. Still trying to figure this all out! Any help would be appreciated.
The drive lugs i see being the biggest issue, you don't want them to wear out and damage your drive sprocket too.
Sorry i can't give more more help, i have never owned a tracked machine.

OP
OP
H

Hammer Down

The drive lugs i see being the biggest issue, you don't want them to wear out and damage your drive sprocket too.
Sorry i can't give more more help, i have never owned a tracked machine.
Thanks for the input Tazza. From what I have found I think the same tracks will fit the ASV's from the MD-70 through the 4810 and the same tracks also fit the Cat 267/b and 277/b units. I will post back if I find anything more, and as always, any input is welcome. There seems to be very little information in the public domain on this subject compared to the thousands of machines in use.

Jeffscarstrucks

Thanks for the input Tazza. From what I have found I think the same tracks will fit the ASV's from the MD-70 through the 4810 and the same tracks also fit the Cat 267/b and 277/b units. I will post back if I find anything more, and as always, any input is welcome. There seems to be very little information in the public domain on this subject compared to the thousands of machines in use.
I have not been on for a while so I hope this helps....I looked at my MD70 and I am sure that the barn shaped lug will go into the openings on the sprocket as long as the width is the same. The approach angle of the lug to the sprocket is not severe. Let us know what you decide. Thanks, JEFF