M500 serial number location

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gymsbyjo

I just picked up an old M500. Does anybody know Where the serial number is located? The dealer says they can't help me until I give them the number. Of course my machine is older than anyone working there. LOL I found a metal plate with a five digit number and the 500(model number) stamped into it. The writing was all worn off so I couldn't be sure sure if that was it or not. I gave that number to the guy working the counter and he looked at me like I was crazy. Thanks......dan "Joe"

Tazza

Staff member
That sounds like the plate you need, but without the numbers on it, i'm afraid its not a lot of use. I didn't think there were many differences in the series though. You could get parts lists for specific sections and see if it matches yours?

OP
OP
G

gymsbyjo

That sounds like the plate you need, but without the numbers on it, i'm afraid its not a lot of use. I didn't think there were many differences in the series though. You could get parts lists for specific sections and see if it matches yours?
Being that it's an older machine , could the five digit number that's there be the serial number?