Looking for feed back

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

microDig

Hi everyone, I'm an inventor/ engineer new to this forum and I'm looking for some feedback on a new product I'm designing as a startup venture. It's got some very unique features, and it's very small for really tight spaces, like residential yards. I will be very thankful for 2 minutes of time from anyone experienced in landscaping or skid steer work, and welcome any questions. Thanks!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/microdig

SkidRoe

Hi microdig,
Did you ever take this product anywhere? What sort of feedback did you receive?
Regards - SR

OP
OP
M

microDig

Hi microdig,
Did you ever take this product anywhere? What sort of feedback did you receive?
Regards - SR
Hi, No, I didn't, unfortunately. The feedback I received was generally not enthusiastic, mostly on the basis there are similar loaders already on the market that are "adequate" for small jobs. And I became really busy on other projects, so my time for this idea kinda evaporated. Buts thanks for following up? Can I ask why? Regards.

SkidRoe

Hi, No, I didn't, unfortunately. The feedback I received was generally not enthusiastic, mostly on the basis there are similar loaders already on the market that are "adequate" for small jobs. And I became really busy on other projects, so my time for this idea kinda evaporated. Buts thanks for following up? Can I ask why? Regards.
More curiosity than anything. I was intrigued by your choice of front wheels for the MicroDig. Did you ever test those off-road? I have only ever seen them used on hard surfaces, typically in robotic factory automation.
I have made a bit of a business out of taking jobs that larger operators would overlook.
I can squeeze my 440b into some pretty tight areas, and I have a full compliment of attachments for it. Repairing residential blown-down fences is one of my niche markets.
I have had some exposure to Bobcat's walk-behind machines - I still prefer a traditional style skid-steer. I think that they are safer for the operator, and provide a more immersive and intuitive user interface. I have been operating a skidsteer for 35 years, so the machine has really become an extension of my body.
Cheers - SR

Tazza

Staff member
More curiosity than anything. I was intrigued by your choice of front wheels for the MicroDig. Did you ever test those off-road? I have only ever seen them used on hard surfaces, typically in robotic factory automation.
I have made a bit of a business out of taking jobs that larger operators would overlook.
I can squeeze my 440b into some pretty tight areas, and I have a full compliment of attachments for it. Repairing residential blown-down fences is one of my niche markets.
I have had some exposure to Bobcat's walk-behind machines - I still prefer a traditional style skid-steer. I think that they are safer for the operator, and provide a more immersive and intuitive user interface. I have been operating a skidsteer for 35 years, so the machine has really become an extension of my body.
Cheers - SR
I too was curious about the front wheels. I wonder how they would hold up in the dirt as well, and how long they would last being a skid steer as well, i bet they wouldn't be cheap to replace.