I got lucky today!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ster1

I got a call last night about an s750 not starting, and could I come check it out? I asked if it was beeping and giving a trouble code and she said she didn't know. So I told her that normally I don't work on EGR engines (I don't have and don't want to buy the software), that I normally work on simpler, mechanical engines. I said I'm happy to come out and take a peek, but I'd bill a minimum of 2 hours whether I find anything or not, and need a credit card up front. So, naturally we hung up and I went on about my day.

About an hour later, I got a call from the owner of the company, and he said he can't get anyone at all to come out for weeks, and was willing to take that chance if I can come out now. So, ok we got on with it.

I got there, asked one of the guys for the password, and it showed a 157-03 fuel rail pressure sensor problem. I went around to the engine, and found a broken wire at the sensor! One of the 3 wires was broken right at the plug. What luck. I oughtta play the lottery today. I jammed a piece of stiff wire into the back of the plug and connected the broken wire to that, plugged it in and the engine ran and code went away. Bingo. So I have an injection harness on order because local bobcat dealer told me I couldn't get a pigtail to fix just part of it. Looking at that mess of an engine, there's no way in hell you can do anything without the software. I got lucky!