Help with a Compact Track Loader

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

[email protected]

I'm a new member looking for some help/advice. I'm a left arm amputee and I wanted to know if the controls on a compact track loader can be converted for just my right hand use? No brand preference, looking for a used one that can be converted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mrbb

HI< awhile back I knew a guy that had a stroke and lost use of his one side(don't recall what side however)

But he worked with a CAT dealer, and they some how set up a new skid steer for him,(he bought it set up from them, around 2016 or so) and was a skid steer not a track loader, but more or less same deal I would think)
they set it up so he could use it with just one hand/arm!, which I gather is what you also need!

SO, I would maybe suggest try talking to a GOOD long standing Cat dealer near you, or other brands, or maybe even just a multi heavy construction equipment repair shop, thats been about a long time!
reason I say been about a long time in the business, is as IMO< most dealers that have been around a long time, seem to have way more knowledge and knowledgeable service techs, that have seen more things over there time at the dealer ship/shop , improving your odds of finding some one that maybe crossed this bridge before! and is MAYBE more willing to work with you, due to they been down the road before,
I am sure many might be brand loyal, so, finding a universal fitting, ??
might not be in there favor, and will maybe push there BRAND on things, but I doubt it really matters,as long as you get the result you need!
so, this would be mu suggestion
if you know any really sharp techs, , you might also try reaching out to one and seeing what they suggest too

as they again, may have some insight that can help you here, best of luck to you

OP
OP
M

[email protected]

Thank you! I have tried that, but no one seems to think they can do it, at least the ones that I spoke to. I greatly appreciate your response.

Firefighter

if u can find one that has foot pedals, & 2 pilot hydraulic joysticks to drive, u can convert the loader to drive off of 1 joy stick, not sure about many track loaders having foot pedals but skid loaders do

OP
OP
M

[email protected]

if u can find one that has foot pedals, & 2 pilot hydraulic joysticks to drive, u can convert the loader to drive off of 1 joy stick, not sure about many track loaders having foot pedals but skid loaders do
Thank you, appreciate you taking your time to give me feedback.

tpaulson

I just saw a post this week from Donald Bergstrom in the Homemade skid steer attachments Facebook group. He made an attachment so his dad who is an amputee could drive their New Holland 232C track loader with hand and foot controls. I grabbed the picture from the post. Hopefully that will give you some ideas. I am sure he would provide more details or pictures if needed.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/444..._k8IF9bC8CPYph1W2vhtbxlYvc-em1so&__tn__=<,P-R
amputee controls.png

hoosiermark

My bobcat 763 has hand controls for driving and foot for loader. Seems like with the Z turn mowers out there that have joy stick controls, you could modify one from a two handle to a joy stick. Or what about something like the cub cadet zero turns that use a steering wheel. Or how about a rod that connects both handles together, push on the center, left, right or back to move it? I drive my snapper z turn with two handles one handed sometimes when I am mowing and bored or thirsty. You might also talk to the corporate office of the machine you like as it sounds like a great project for them to get involved with. I doubt you are the first person who wants this type of control.