F2L511 fuel rack adjustment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Wayne440

With all due respect, I offer this advice.

(A) Consider leaving the injection system alone. It is a naturally aspirated engine, more fuel will result in more added smoke than added power.

(B) If you decide to dismiss (A)- get the service manual for your engine, read it until you have a clear understanding of the adjustment procedure in said manual- then reconsider suggestion (A).

foton

not that it means anything but I agree, let the pros set any adjustments on the injector pump.

OP
OP
O

oiu789

Whats going on here is the F2L511 engine went bad in my Bobcat 731 rated @ 30hp I have a 12kw gen with a good F2L511 I want to know if I can turn it up to 30hp by adjusting the fuel rack.

Wayne440

This is a guess-take it for what it is worth. Your engine was probably running at 1800 RPM for the generator, at that speed it is about 23 HP. It will make more horsepower at higher RPM when you open the throttle further. If that doesn't provide adequate power, my previous reply plus - "(C) consider calling on qualified help" applies.

Last edited:

foton

I believe that the governor will need to be looked at too. gen. sets are fixed rpm engines skid steer are not.

OP
OP
O

oiu789

Thanks guys what you are saying makes seance. I did not consider the rpm increase. I will change out the governor with the one from my old engine.