Engine replacement questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mrgrzesk

Hi all ,

I am replacing the 1.3 engine on my 3725 with an identical 1.1 L engine(vsg413, vsg411) . I'm wondering, anyone done this before? I have never so I am looking for help. Do I only disconnect electrical/components and unbolt motor mounts to remove? Is there a bolt,/pin holding it to the pump? Wondering if a standard engine picker from Harbor freight will take it out? And also when I swap over the flywheel- does it matter what position it is reinstalled? Thanks for the insight and help.

Also, I was told to replace the engine coupler if I'm pulling it , and I'm wondering if someone can tell me which one in the diagram it is, number four or number five?
79D1A2FC-1E91-43EA-B8A7-F9C8A81C5889.png
48F272A6-1AF6-489A-A601-3EF3A2E2E3D8.jpeg
9379CC21-30B2-45FC-8C71-D7AF18059C58.jpeg

foton

buy the two ton engine lift, it should be more than enough and will work for the next project. and what happened to the orginal engine? running on propane should have been for more clean runnning.

OP
OP
M

mrgrzesk

buy the two ton engine lift, it should be more than enough and will work for the next project. and what happened to the orginal engine? running on propane should have been for more clean runnning.
The machine was a basket case when I got it. I did a ton of work already. Somebody put coils in the heads for the spark plugs.. also bad rings in 1 cylinder so there is a knock.

foton

the coupler should be part # 5 for the female end , I do not know power wise between the two gas engines, but 200 cc might be noticable on ones that small. and running propane you lose some more vs gasoline. But there is advantages also in propane as real clean burning. Are you gonna try to rebuild the orginal engine and keep as a spare? A machinist can repair the head with inserts vs. helicoils, which if done correctly would work.

OP
OP
M

mrgrzesk

the coupler should be part # 5 for the female end , I do not know power wise between the two gas engines, but 200 cc might be noticable on ones that small. and running propane you lose some more vs gasoline. But there is advantages also in propane as real clean burning. Are you gonna try to rebuild the orginal engine and keep as a spare? A machinist can repair the head with inserts vs. helicoils, which if done correctly would work.
Was not going to try and rebuild. That's beyond my skill set. I'll probably give it away, or scrap it.

OP
OP
M

mrgrzesk

Is #4 the rubber part that breaks ?