bucket modification

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jerry

I saw this on a heavy equipment forum and did it today. Took a length of cutting edge and welded it on the bottom back edge of the gp bucket. It protrudes about a inch and and a half towards the machine. Works very good for back dragging and minor smoothing. You can control how aggressive it is with the tilt but it can never gouge too deep. Worked well even on the hard gravel driveway. I put a picture in the photo section under bucket mod, cant seem to get it over here. My bucket has a radius in the back corner so I put it where the flat floor ended. The light area in the picture is the ground.

Tazza

Staff member
Interesting, you can do the same osrt of thing with a 4 in 1 bucket, but they don't seem to be as popular in America is they are over here.
bucket.jpg

bucket2.jpg

bucket3.jpg

OP
OP
J

jerry

Interesting, you can do the same osrt of thing with a 4 in 1 bucket, but they don't seem to be as popular in America is they are over here.
I'd like a 4in one but never see one around here for less than 2000 us and that is used. There was one last year but it was too narrow though.

Tazza

Staff member
I'd like a 4in one but never see one around here for less than 2000 us and that is used. There was one last year but it was too narrow though.
They are indeed nice, they are fairly cheap over here, you can generally get them used for about 1k
I really don't know how you get by without one. They are standard over here, GP are standard over there. Sure, 4 in 1 buckets are heavier, but you can do so many more things with one. Pick up rocks, hold logs, easier clean up as you don't need to push against something to get it in the bucket.