Bobcat 632 warning light.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

chico1971

Hi. I have a 632 bobcat with ford 1.6. I have a question concerning the warning light on the right side of the instrument panel when sitting in the cab. I think it should be lit when the key is turned on but isn't. The the left side warning light is lit. Both bulbs do work when put in left side. The left side light does go off when I loosen the connection to the oil pressure sensor. The right light must be for the hydraulic temperature and pressure sensors on the port block? Is the engine coolant sensor on the right side warning light also? How do you test the sensors? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciate. Thanks.

spitzair

On the 732 which as fas as I know is almost identical to the 632 that is correct, the right light is your hydraulic warning light. It connects to the hydraulic pressure and temperature switches on the port block. Both lights should be on with the key on and the engine not running. The engine temperature switch is connected to the left light.

OP
OP
C

chico1971

Thank you for the response. Do you know if there is a way to test those switches to see which one is bad? I changed the bronze filter in the port block and a hydraulic hose to one of the drive motors. In doing the hose I noticed I pulled the wires of both switches. I put them back on and the warning light doesn't work. Maybe I damaged one of the switches when the wiring was pulled off? Maybe I'll just get 2 new switches.

spitzair

No problem! The best way to test the sensors are as follows: for the pressure switch take a multimeter and set it to Ohms, put one lead on the metal housing of the switch and the other on the wire terminal. You should have good continuity with the engine off, I'd say as close to zero ohms as possible, but anything under 10 would be fine. If you have an open reading then the switch isn't closing when the pressure in the system drops.
The temperature switch will be harder but doable. Take it out, heat it in a pot of oil on a stove with the multimeter connected the same way, one lead to the housing and one on the terminal, heat away and wait for the meter to go from open circuit to closed. Again I'm not sure at what temperature the switch closes but I guess somewhere around 200 degrees farenheit or there abouts... Just make sure if you're doing this in your wife's kitchen to use some cooking oil because it won't stink like hydraulic fluid and your wife will be MUCH happier! Guess how I learned that!
Hope this helps!

OP
OP
C

chico1971

No problem! The best way to test the sensors are as follows: for the pressure switch take a multimeter and set it to Ohms, put one lead on the metal housing of the switch and the other on the wire terminal. You should have good continuity with the engine off, I'd say as close to zero ohms as possible, but anything under 10 would be fine. If you have an open reading then the switch isn't closing when the pressure in the system drops.
The temperature switch will be harder but doable. Take it out, heat it in a pot of oil on a stove with the multimeter connected the same way, one lead to the housing and one on the terminal, heat away and wait for the meter to go from open circuit to closed. Again I'm not sure at what temperature the switch closes but I guess somewhere around 200 degrees farenheit or there abouts... Just make sure if you're doing this in your wife's kitchen to use some cooking oil because it won't stink like hydraulic fluid and your wife will be MUCH happier! Guess how I learned that!
Hope this helps!
Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!