Bobcat 310 clutch adjustment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ShowMeGuy

I'm working on getting the basket case 310 I picked up in working condition. I've got it running and moving but not well enough to put it to work. The right reverse clutch is not engaging. (I'm adjusting the right front clutch) Hopefully someone is familiar with it enough to help steer me no pun intending... ha I've got a parts and service manual here as part of the deal which has helped me get to this point. However I'm stuck on this, as I can turn the Adjuster nut the Big one that has the plate that fits (PN#6500709)over it infinitely without change. tight.. or loose.. Are there any fingers or anything on the nut that rides over the shaft there supposed to engage? I've also noticed in there is a key which I hope isn't sheared that the LH/RH actuator. If anyone has a 310 and can share some insight that would be GREAT!!!! Before I go and pull the big chaincase cover off.... ShowMeGuy

OP
OP
S

ShowMeGuy

Pretty sure I figured it out.. the adjustment nut has a tang on it that rides in the LH/RH thread piece which had sheared off..... Holiday weekend, so I am in a holding pattern until I get it ordered and it shows up..... Will update the outcome then..

Hotrod1830

Pretty sure I figured it out.. the adjustment nut has a tang on it that rides in the LH/RH thread piece which had sheared off..... Holiday weekend, so I am in a holding pattern until I get it ordered and it shows up..... Will update the outcome then..
If your in a hurry and the nut is steel, get a welder out and weld a " tang" on it. Fit it with a file.
Sounds like your on the right track. Wouldnt be a bad idea to pull the chain case cover and have a look.

OP
OP
S

ShowMeGuy

If your in a hurry and the nut is steel, get a welder out and weld a " tang" on it. Fit it with a file.
Sounds like your on the right track. Wouldnt be a bad idea to pull the chain case cover and have a look.
Well I just didn't think about that... WELD IT! I did just that and got it back in and adjusted. Just need to refill the case after I drained it and looked in the chain case. Need some more oil and then it will be time to test it out again. Thanks for the idea HotRod.. ShowMeGuy