Bob Tach Skid Steer Angle Question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ashleyj

Does anyone know what the angle is on the back of a bucket for a Bobcat Skid Steer? Or what the standard angle is for using their Bob Tach Quick Attach? Or what angles it is capable of? I'm having a hard time finding this information anywhere, I'm sure they don't want to advertising.

flyerdan

https://www.you-buy.ca/en/product/SGR89DU-yintatech-5-16-skid-steer-mount-plate-quick-attachment-loader-plate-compatible-for-kubota-bobcat-tra The last image on this site is pretty helpful and contains all the dimensions I'm looking for except the angle of the bottom and top bends. I'm looking to make my own plate like this. Any help would be appreciated.
Looking at the images, it really looks like the side pieces are cut at a 45 degree angle at the top, so that would make the top lip a 45 as well. From a manufacturing standpoint that would simplify the process and cut down on waste material.
The bottom plate where the pins go to secure it looks like it's a straight 90 degree box joint. If you have a press brake I would probably put a slight bend in that just behind the pin cutouts so it would go on easier if it was crudded up with mud or such. If you don't have a brake but still want some clearance, I'd go up to a 3/16" gap at the top. For that thick of material that isn't a real big gap; I've burned hundreds of miles of wire on stuff with way bigger gaps than that.