ASV 4810 boom cylinders not holding

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bison

I got a little(or not so little) problem. Every time when raising the loader,the Loader drops 8 0r 10" after letting go of the joystick,but holds steady after that. Position of the loader don't matter. I thought maybe the cyl seals where shot,but after taking the cylinders apart the seals look still perfect and the pistons are still tight to the rams. So i guess it must be the control valve that's having issues,but where do i look? Any one of you folks that had that problem and know what it is? Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
As you stated the cylinders hold in position, even after falling a bit to start off with, this shows your cylinders are fine. It sounds more like load checks or your controls are out out alignment. i'm not sure how to adjust them though, 8-10" of fall is quite a lot.

OP
OP
B

bison

As you stated the cylinders hold in position, even after falling a bit to start off with, this shows your cylinders are fine. It sounds more like load checks or your controls are out out alignment. i'm not sure how to adjust them though, 8-10" of fall is quite a lot.
Damn thing is,a true repair and trouble shooting manual is not avalable for these ASV loaders(at least none i can find).And the parts breakdown shows only the assembled control valve,no exploded view or individual parts. Loader drop only occurs when warmed up,no drop when cold.

Tazza

Staff member
Damn thing is,a true repair and trouble shooting manual is not avalable for these ASV loaders(at least none i can find).And the parts breakdown shows only the assembled control valve,no exploded view or individual parts. Loader drop only occurs when warmed up,no drop when cold.
The load checks should be behind plugs on the control valve. Look where the lines com out, there should be one for each. Its like a spring and poppet, some have O rings that tear and cause it to leak.

OP
OP
B

bison

The load checks should be behind plugs on the control valve. Look where the lines com out, there should be one for each. Its like a spring and poppet, some have O rings that tear and cause it to leak.
I got it fixed,was a broke spring in a loadvalve.
Thanks Tazza