An easier way to create long posts with pictures.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

alchemysa

Its a pain trying to create long messages with pictures on this forum. Its especially infuriating if you spend ages writing the message then lose the whole lot just as you are about to post it. Or discover you've made some annoying mistake that cant be changed once the meassage is posted.
I have found that a less stressful way to do it is to create the whole story as a draft in your email program. (e.g. Thunderbird). You can edit or add to the story at your leisure and save it as a draft until you are satisfied.
Then, when its all finished, just copy and paste the whole thing to the message box in the skidsteer forum.
You can include photobucket links in the draft just the same as you would if you were creating the message in the forum. You won't actually see the pics in your draft but you will see them if you hit 'preview' after you have copied the story to the message box.

OP
OP
alchemysa

alchemysa

I forgot to mention in the post above that even if you compose your story as an email draft you will still have to include the this code to create new lines or spaces between paragraphs.... <p>

Tazza

Staff member
I forgot to mention in the post above that even if you compose your story as an email draft you will still have to include the this code to create new lines or spaces between paragraphs.... <p>
Another way is to copy the text before you press post, if the site glitches, you just paste it in again. Sadly it happens far too often....

6brnorma

Another way is to copy the text before you press post, if the site glitches, you just paste it in again. Sadly it happens far too often....
Tazza……I haven't asked in quite a while……..are we making any progress with the up-dated program?

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza……I haven't asked in quite a while……..are we making any progress with the up-dated program?
Sadly, i haven't heard any updates from Geoff. I'll send him an email to see if he has made any progress.

Tazza

Staff member
Sadly, i haven't heard any updates from Geoff. I'll send him an email to see if he has made any progress.
He hasn't forgotten us :) The server was moved to a different IPS last month, he hopes to have something up for us to test in a few weeks.