wisconsin engine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bingo

I have a 630 bobcat with a vh4d1 wisconsin engine that will not start,it trys to and some times will but will not stay running it will only start for a few secs and then not try again. When it first had trouble with it it had no power and found that both head gaskets were blown,I replaced them both and now have good compression and it is in time. Tried spraying starter fluid in the carb but still will not start. replaced plugs before this happened so they are new and they all fire. new wires, but have not replaced the rotor and distribitor cap yet but going to.. most of the time if you have gas and spark and compression it should run but this has me stumped, does any one have any suggestions for what to check, this bobcat had low power when i bought it, and i have not had it very long...

Tazza

Staff member
If it has compression but won't start I'd suspect fuel or spark. I'd ensure the timing is still rite and the cap/rotor are still good. As you used starting juice I'd suspect spark.

mrfixitpaul

If it has compression but won't start I'd suspect fuel or spark. I'd ensure the timing is still rite and the cap/rotor are still good. As you used starting juice I'd suspect spark.
The points are hidden under the cover below the rotor...may be a problem with them.

OP
OP
B

bingo

The points are hidden under the cover below the rotor...may be a problem with them.
well this one has electronic ing. but now i found out it does have low compression and will need a rebuild ,but will or how can you swap to a different engine i was told to go with a kolar engine but dont know if the engine will hook up to the adapter and dont know how to find out what will work

frank b