why would I have oil slowly dripping out of both sides of the hydraulic fan exhausts?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jeffinusa

From what I have seen in parts drawings, and videos of the fan box housing taken out, there does not seem to be anything in the plastic exhaust housing box except the fan, so where could the oil that is slowly showing up on both sides of the exhaust housing box be coming from?

I don't want to take the whole fan and housing down if I don't have to.

I looked from under the cab and I don't see any leaks. I looked from the back engine compartment side and I don't see any leaks. The only place I am seeing any oily liquid is on both sides of the machine right where the exhaust air comes out.

Thank you.

brdgbldr

From what I have seen in parts drawings, and videos of the fan box housing taken out, there does not seem to be anything in the plastic exhaust housing box except the fan, so where could the oil that is slowly showing up on both sides of the exhaust housing box be coming from?

I don't want to take the whole fan and housing down if I don't have to.

I looked from under the cab and I don't see any leaks. I looked from the back engine compartment side and I don't see any leaks. The only place I am seeing any oily liquid is on both sides of the machine right where the exhaust air comes out.

Thank you.
Your oil cooler or the hoses going to the oil cooler.

gotowin

On my T190 The hyd. motor that drives the cooling fan had a leaky hyd. seal at the motor shaft. it was doing the same thing. I has to pull the motor from the under side to put in a new seal kit. No more leaks,

OP
OP
J

jeffinusa

On my T190 The hyd. motor that drives the cooling fan had a leaky hyd. seal at the motor shaft. it was doing the same thing. I has to pull the motor from the under side to put in a new seal kit. No more leaks,
Thank you for the heads up, I will look into that. Did you have to take out the whole fan housing, or were you able to just drop the hyd. motor from underneath the fan housing?

gotowin

Thank you for the heads up, I will look into that. Did you have to take out the whole fan housing, or were you able to just drop the hyd. motor from underneath the fan housing?
If I remember correctly the whole fan and housing had to come out. Getting to the screw that holds the fan tight to the shaft was the big hurdle.

OP
OP
J

jeffinusa

If I remember correctly the whole fan and housing had to come out. Getting to the screw that holds the fan tight to the shaft was the big hurdle.
Thank you. That makes sense, and what I was expecting, but hoping not. Thank you for the tip and heads up. I will check it out next week.