Which relay unlocks the foot pedals on a LS160

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skidsteer.ca

Ocasionally my 2000 LS160 won't unlock the foot pedals after startup. You buckel the seat belt and the engine always cranks just fine, starts up, then 20% of the time the foot pedals are still locked. Unbuckeling the belt and re fastening it always seems to unlock the pedals.
Unfortunately my manual does not show the wiring diagram and I need to trace the power flow. Is this part of the relay on the Lh side of the engine fire wall that also cranks the engine?, or where is the correct relay at?
Ken

Mike10

There are no relays except maybe in the instrument panel. The foot pedal solenoids receive their power from the instrument panel.
The power originates at the battery and goes to the solenoid on the starter then to the start relay below the engine fuse panel then to the preheat circuit breaker then to the fuse block in the engine compartment, through the 5 amp fuse then to the seat harness connector then the seat switch and seat belt and then to the instrument panel. All the junctions are wire on wire except for the fuse, and do not go through the solenoids, relays, or circuit breakers

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

There are no relays except maybe in the instrument panel. The foot pedal solenoids receive their power from the instrument panel.
The power originates at the battery and goes to the solenoid on the starter then to the start relay below the engine fuse panel then to the preheat circuit breaker then to the fuse block in the engine compartment, through the 5 amp fuse then to the seat harness connector then the seat switch and seat belt and then to the instrument panel. All the junctions are wire on wire except for the fuse, and do not go through the solenoids, relays, or circuit breakers
Ok so being it always cranks the engine, it must be after that point, I'll have to check for power coming from the panel on the circuit to the pedal locks.
Ken

Mike10

Ok so being it always cranks the engine, it must be after that point, I'll have to check for power coming from the panel on the circuit to the pedal locks.
Ken
I believe the problem originates with the starting system. I think the power it takes to start the engine is causing a low voltage problem at the instrument panel causing the panel to reset itself. I have not spent much time trying to figure it out, but on one unit I did install a new ignition switch and a replacement instrument panel with no change in the problem.
I don't think the problem is in the circuit from the instrument panel to the foot control solenoids. You could try to unplug one of the solenoids at a time to see if it makes a difference. One must be plugged in at all times to see it this works.

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

I believe the problem originates with the starting system. I think the power it takes to start the engine is causing a low voltage problem at the instrument panel causing the panel to reset itself. I have not spent much time trying to figure it out, but on one unit I did install a new ignition switch and a replacement instrument panel with no change in the problem.
I don't think the problem is in the circuit from the instrument panel to the foot control solenoids. You could try to unplug one of the solenoids at a time to see if it makes a difference. One must be plugged in at all times to see it this works.
Hmm, maybe I should try a new battery, since the original is 12 years old, it still seems to roll the engine ok but the voltage may be taking to much of a dip...

jerry

Hmm, maybe I should try a new battery, since the original is 12 years old, it still seems to roll the engine ok but the voltage may be taking to much of a dip...
there was a similar problem on here in the past and it turned out the run//service switch was the cause. I have had my switch on the 665 apart and the contacts can be cleaned but there are a lot of little parts in there.

Pstone

there was a similar problem on here in the past and it turned out the run//service switch was the cause. I have had my switch on the 665 apart and the contacts can be cleaned but there are a lot of little parts in there.
Check your door switch as well.

Latest posts