where to buy cylinders for a M600

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

6brnorma

You probably have the VF4D engine since it is a M-600. The good thing is several Wisconsin engines use the same "jugs" as that engine so you are not confined to only a "Bobcat VF4D M-600" engine. This is a tricky item to purchase. Safest way is dealer…..horribly expensive. They are available on E-bay most of the time…..this scares me due to the fact you don't know for sure what the tolerances are. The good thing is if you take your time you will find what you want at a major savings. There is one listed under VH4D now that claims to be standard. My favorite way to find them is local where I can actually touch them, put a mic to them and then I know what I'm getting.

OP
OP
M

meldawg

You probably have the VF4D engine since it is a M-600. The good thing is several Wisconsin engines use the same "jugs" as that engine so you are not confined to only a "Bobcat VF4D M-600" engine. This is a tricky item to purchase. Safest way is dealer…..horribly expensive. They are available on E-bay most of the time…..this scares me due to the fact you don't know for sure what the tolerances are. The good thing is if you take your time you will find what you want at a major savings. There is one listed under VH4D now that claims to be standard. My favorite way to find them is local where I can actually touch them, put a mic to them and then I know what I'm getting.
My mistake - I meant to ask where can I buy hydraulic cylinders. I have seen cylinders for other older model bobcats, but haven't found them for the 600. (as an aside, mine had the engine replaced with the 30 hp Wisconsin motor found in 620s before I bought the machine). Anyway, I appreciate any help you can give me.

shankatank58

My mistake - I meant to ask where can I buy hydraulic cylinders. I have seen cylinders for other older model bobcats, but haven't found them for the 600. (as an aside, mine had the engine replaced with the 30 hp Wisconsin motor found in 620s before I bought the machine). Anyway, I appreciate any help you can give me.
I was looking at these for the tilt myself
http://internationalhydraulicsus.com/2-bore-16-stroke-welded-hydraulic-cylinder-365.html
think they could be made to work with some 90 deg. fittings and perhaps new lines.
Don't know about lift cylinders but appears they can make about anything you want.

jerry

I was looking at these for the tilt myself
http://internationalhydraulicsus.com/2-bore-16-stroke-welded-hydraulic-cylinder-365.html
think they could be made to work with some 90 deg. fittings and perhaps new lines.
Don't know about lift cylinders but appears they can make about anything you want.
Most larger towns have a hydraulic machine shop where you can have the entire cylinder made or bring the old and they can rebuild completely. If you are unsure check with any local heavy equipment operators and they should be able to steer you in the right direction.

gearbox

Most larger towns have a hydraulic machine shop where you can have the entire cylinder made or bring the old and they can rebuild completely. If you are unsure check with any local heavy equipment operators and they should be able to steer you in the right direction.
What is wrong with the ones you have? They are easy to rebuild or have rebuilt . If they have the rod bent find a press and push the bend out . I just did a bent rod in my 500 and rebuilt a tilt cylinder . Gearbox