what is this

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

waynemags

this thing with the hex head top has a long screw type rod that runs behind it to the bottom of the chassis. its hidden behind this black half tube deal. anyon know what it is for\/ on a 720 bobcat

RobPg1967

i dont think so because it doesnt come near the cab.
Speaking of the pistons that help tilt the cab up. I removed ONE piston recently , while the cab was in the up postion during some other maintenance... and getting that piston back on was a royal pain in the neck . Even while the piston was off , I couldnt even compress it at all . If anyone knows of a tecnique for removing and installing these factory pistons , let me know in case I have to remove them in the future.

OldMachinist

Speaking of the pistons that help tilt the cab up. I removed ONE piston recently , while the cab was in the up postion during some other maintenance... and getting that piston back on was a royal pain in the neck . Even while the piston was off , I couldnt even compress it at all . If anyone knows of a tecnique for removing and installing these factory pistons , let me know in case I have to remove them in the future.
I replaced one recently and found that I was able to tilt the cab far enough back to get the gas spring back on without compressing it. On some machines there are stops that have to be removed to tilt it back enough.

mike_s_82

I replaced one recently and found that I was able to tilt the cab far enough back to get the gas spring back on without compressing it. On some machines there are stops that have to be removed to tilt it back enough.
When I did mine, I took the hinge off the cab on one side, then you can lift that side to get the spring on. With the weight of the cab, you can easily compress the spring. It helps to have two people because the cab can swing around with only one hinge on.

Latest posts