Weak travel motor 335

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

neller840

I have a 335 excavator. The left track has started getting weaker, but only going forwards. Reverse it tracks ok(equal power), but forwards the left track is weak. I've tried easy things: checked track tension, control linkage, checked travel motor case drain.
A friend thought it was the travel motor's control valve o-rings. I am no hydraulic expert, and want to diagnose this properly, before I pull a valve manifold off. Any advice as to next things to check?

I was going to buy a pressure test kit, but I can't find great troubleshooting steps. I want to get a kit that will have everything needed to test this and other circuits. I know testing flow is really important as well. Any advice on tools to add to my arsenal for troubleshooting this?

Thanks for reading and any help you might offer!

OP
OP
neller840

neller840

Also was reading about making my own test kit from:

Trying to verify the test port on a 335 is a "Dixon 1PDF2....(1/4" NPT on backside)"

I would need 1/4" npt female to female hose and that would get me started? With a 5000psi gauge?

Also was wondering if I could test pressure out of the control valve for my left track, and then at the motor. Wouldn't a discrepancy show any swivel issues?

Attachments

• 20240422_182815.jpg
    20240422_182815.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 11