Turbo Charger, repair or replace?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JohnB

Should you be able to spin the turbine with your finger? Does anyone know if these can be repaired? How about source for rebuilt or used? Kubota 2003t thanks,

Impact-vector

You should be able to breathe on it and it spins. It's a very easy to spin item. New? Not sure. Rebuild kit? Turbonetics is one. I you look in your yellow pages you should find smething. Replace? Probably the best bet. I would look on ebay or at a salvage site.

OP
OP
J

JohnB

You should be able to breathe on it and it spins. It's a very easy to spin item. New? Not sure. Rebuild kit? Turbonetics is one. I you look in your yellow pages you should find smething. Replace? Probably the best bet. I would look on ebay or at a salvage site.
I'd like to try my hand at rebuilding it. Any other sites besides Turbonetics for kits? thanks,

Hotrod1830

I'd like to try my hand at rebuilding it. Any other sites besides Turbonetics for kits? thanks,
They are very esy to turn. If it isnt leaking, and the impeller shows no signs of contacting the body(bearing wear) I wouldnt mess with it. But, yes, they can be rebuilt on the cheap.

Hotrod1830

They are very esy to turn. If it isnt leaking, and the impeller shows no signs of contacting the body(bearing wear) I wouldnt mess with it. But, yes, they can be rebuilt on the cheap.
BTW, those impellers can spin in excess of 100,000 rpm. They really should be balanced during a rebuild. If its not broke, dont fix it.

Tazza

Staff member
BTW, those impellers can spin in excess of 100,000 rpm. They really should be balanced during a rebuild. If its not broke, dont fix it.
I'm sure i saw bearing kits shown on ebay. I was considering one to slap on my V2203 DI, but nothing matched my engine, so no turbo for me.

OP
OP
J

JohnB

I'm sure i saw bearing kits shown on ebay. I was considering one to slap on my V2203 DI, but nothing matched my engine, so no turbo for me.
Took it off and separated the exhaust from compression side. The fins on exhaust wheel are damaged, so I sent if off for rebuild.

Tazza

Staff member
Took it off and separated the exhaust from compression side. The fins on exhaust wheel are damaged, so I sent if off for rebuild.
Make sure you let us know how it goes. Hopefully the bill won't be too nasty.