Toolbox for Skid Steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

CurtWPk

After wishing I could carry stuff for a couple years, I finally fabricated a workable box for carrying chainsaw, chains etc. I use often my SS for forest work so having a way to carry the logging stuff is really important This has one vulnerability of course. If you back into something you break it. But I found that milk containers are quite strong and flexible enough to take some serious dings and survive. Plus they are cheap. I have broken and replaced several of these over the years. I have not smushed a chainsaw. (knock on wood) Here is a link to a photo. http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x375/sealgwpk/BobCatToolBox_zps164e388e.jpg

reaperman

X I finally figured out the forumula to post a picture.
That setup would last me about 5 minutes before id forget it was back there. Seriously, good idea, one thing about a skid steer is lack of space to put anything. About the time you fill the bucket with necessities, you need to use the bucket for something. On my old 642, there was a flat plate about 6" wide that connected the lift arms together on the front of the machine. My 20" chainsaw fit perfectly there, the bar would wedge under the hydro couplings and hold the saw in place. I often wonder how anyone can possible cut wood without a skidloader.

[email protected]

That setup would last me about 5 minutes before id forget it was back there. Seriously, good idea, one thing about a skid steer is lack of space to put anything. About the time you fill the bucket with necessities, you need to use the bucket for something. On my old 642, there was a flat plate about 6" wide that connected the lift arms together on the front of the machine. My 20" chainsaw fit perfectly there, the bar would wedge under the hydro couplings and hold the saw in place. I often wonder how anyone can possible cut wood without a skidloader.
I'd put it above the radiator if it were mine, less prone to getting hit.