tilt cylinder lower bushing replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Stephend

I have Bobcat 751, made in 1999. I have notice the lower bushing on the tilt cylinder has a considerable amount of play. I just found out that the bushing can be relaced. my question is this: is the bushing pressed in or is it welded in. if it is pressed in can you drive it out with a hammer and piece of brass the same diameter or does it need to be pressed out. also how do you reinstall a new one? can it be driven in or does it need to pressed? Does the bushing have a hole drill into for grease and if so does the hole need to line up with the grease zert in cylinder eye? Thanks in advance for any help. Stephen

OldMachinist

Bushings are welded in. You need to cut the weld off, remove the old bushing, position the new bushing and weld it.

flathead

thank you
The lower tilt cyl bushing is pressed in....... not welded.. i was a bobcat tech for 8 yrs, it is a hardened steel bushing, so you cannot use a brass punch :( there is a stepped tool ive always used for removal and installaton, if you can find a pin the same diameter as the outside of the bushing then grind it or machine it down to fit inside with a shoulder left to drive the bushing... then a few good swings with a good hammer is all you should need. Replace the pins with the bushings and there is a small groove so your not supposed to worry about clocking the bushing..... but... ive seen it plug so do match the grease holes up when you pound it home :)