test for bad actuator and/or BICS controller

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

7LBSSMALLIE

so it looks like the tilt actuator has failed. I switched the harnesses going from the hand controls and the lift continued to work while the tilt(now controlled using the LH control) caused the valve to lock immediately. both actuators have oil on them so I'm guessing that the leaking from one or both spools onto the actuators has caused the failure of one. Is bobcat the only good source for actuators? any way to recondition an actuator that has failed due to oil?
start by reseal control valve, got actuators on the bench diassamble and clean , probally wont do squat but worth a shot. electric motors don't do well oiled up. but yea its worth a shot

bobcatguy

so it looks like the tilt actuator has failed. I switched the harnesses going from the hand controls and the lift continued to work while the tilt(now controlled using the LH control) caused the valve to lock immediately. both actuators have oil on them so I'm guessing that the leaking from one or both spools onto the actuators has caused the failure of one. Is bobcat the only good source for actuators? any way to recondition an actuator that has failed due to oil?
You could try going the used route but I don't think that would pay off in this situation. You can check ebay for the part. I know I saw one somewhere online.

OP
OP
Axel

Axel

You could try going the used route but I don't think that would pay off in this situation. You can check ebay for the part. I know I saw one somewhere online.
the one I found is on ebay but it only works with G-series machines. different software... plastic control box..

Latest posts