T300 brake release problem(s)

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
look in your service manual
Your main hydraulic pressure should be about 3,000 PSI, it sounds like the lift lockout solenoid is at fault. It locks you out if it thinks you are not in the seat. The solenoids do burn out too, even a bad connection.

OP
OP
T

Tman0001

Your main hydraulic pressure should be about 3,000 PSI, it sounds like the lift lockout solenoid is at fault. It locks you out if it thinks you are not in the seat. The solenoids do burn out too, even a bad connection.
THanks for that input. The bucket does work but not very strong i.e wont tilt all the way and slow to return back to normal position. The lift arm cylinders start to raise about an inch and then stop as if thiers not enough pressure to raise the weight of the assembly. I pulled all the control body valves and inspected for blockage, etc and found nothing wrong. I alst tested each device outside the machine and they are working properly. Im down to a few ideas left. Is it possible the main relief valve failed so suddenly? last week the arms worked fine and suddenly stopped working. I also checked the seat and didnt find any wiring harness to any seat cut off switch so it aappears this isnt a feature of my machine. Its also not shown on the wiring diagram.

Tazza

Staff member
THanks for that input. The bucket does work but not very strong i.e wont tilt all the way and slow to return back to normal position. The lift arm cylinders start to raise about an inch and then stop as if thiers not enough pressure to raise the weight of the assembly. I pulled all the control body valves and inspected for blockage, etc and found nothing wrong. I alst tested each device outside the machine and they are working properly. Im down to a few ideas left. Is it possible the main relief valve failed so suddenly? last week the arms worked fine and suddenly stopped working. I also checked the seat and didnt find any wiring harness to any seat cut off switch so it aappears this isnt a feature of my machine. Its also not shown on the wiring diagram.
If you install a 3,500 PSI gauge on your quick couplers and engage them, see what pressure you get. If it hits 3,000 or there abouts, the relief is good.

OP
OP
T

Tman0001

If you install a 3,500 PSI gauge on your quick couplers and engage them, see what pressure you get. If it hits 3,000 or there abouts, the relief is good.
THanks for your input. I am under the impression the lift arms and bucket also work at approx 3250 psi as well. Given the functions (lift, tilt) are not working crorectly..it is my suspicion there is a problem with the main releif valve ie. either some blockage or damage or just in need of adjustment. Tommorrow I intend to remove the valve and inspect for damage etc. once this task is completed then I intend to complete a pressure test. This seems to be a logical order of completion given the symptons we are experiencing.

OP
OP
T

Tman0001

THanks for your input. I am under the impression the lift arms and bucket also work at approx 3250 psi as well. Given the functions (lift, tilt) are not working crorectly..it is my suspicion there is a problem with the main releif valve ie. either some blockage or damage or just in need of adjustment. Tommorrow I intend to remove the valve and inspect for damage etc. once this task is completed then I intend to complete a pressure test. This seems to be a logical order of completion given the symptons we are experiencing.
today we compoetede a pressure test at the couplers..and found only 460psi... pretty sad. We puled the main relief valve and found it to be in good working order, no dammage or obstruction. this only leaves one possibility left (Gear pump) This is a suprise since this was the last place we considered to look. The gear pump was brand new, instralled only a few months ago and was pressure tested upon installation. The good side of all this is we went thru just about every point int he system(s) and found no issues..gives me alittle peice of mind to know this much. =)

Tazza

Staff member
today we compoetede a pressure test at the couplers..and found only 460psi... pretty sad. We puled the main relief valve and found it to be in good working order, no dammage or obstruction. this only leaves one possibility left (Gear pump) This is a suprise since this was the last place we considered to look. The gear pump was brand new, instralled only a few months ago and was pressure tested upon installation. The good side of all this is we went thru just about every point int he system(s) and found no issues..gives me alittle peice of mind to know this much. =)
I'd pull the pump down to see if it is scored up, it's possible some of the trash got into it and damaged it. Hopefully it's gone now though and not in your hydrstats.
460psi is really low, did it change as you increased the RPM?