T200 Loader arm bushings

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lesgawlik

After a bucket change, my T200 began shrieking when I curled the bucket. At first I thought the QuickTach pins were not engaged, but I put a little oil on the pins on the arm, and the squeaking stopped. I don't see any grease fittings on those pins, but it's pretty caked up now. I wouldn't think that zerk fittings would last anywhere on the bottom of the arms. How is it lubricated?

gtstang462002

For the bottom pins the grease zerks are on the inside of the hinge area. If I remember in the morning I will take a picture of the area that they are in to post.

siduramaxde

For the bottom pins the grease zerks are on the inside of the hinge area. If I remember in the morning I will take a picture of the area that they are in to post.
The zerks are recessed in the pins. Grease them often as you can. I try to get grease on mine about every 6 hours or less. If you don't grease them you will wear out the bushing and then it will wear out the loader arms...not good. I just changed mine out not too long ago and now it has much less slop.

OP
OP
L

lesgawlik

The zerks are recessed in the pins. Grease them often as you can. I try to get grease on mine about every 6 hours or less. If you don't grease them you will wear out the bushing and then it will wear out the loader arms...not good. I just changed mine out not too long ago and now it has much less slop.
I think I know where they are. I have working with a lot of heavy clay, and it has gotten packed everywhere. I guess I'll get the pressure washed out tomorrow. I had some squeaks from the pins for a while until I figured out what was causing it. I had just changed attachments, and I thought I had movement between the quick attach and the attachment itself. I know the machine went through a first-class maintenance 100 hours ago. I hope I didn't do any damage to the bushings.

gtstang462002

I think I know where they are. I have working with a lot of heavy clay, and it has gotten packed everywhere. I guess I'll get the pressure washed out tomorrow. I had some squeaks from the pins for a while until I figured out what was causing it. I had just changed attachments, and I thought I had movement between the quick attach and the attachment itself. I know the machine went through a first-class maintenance 100 hours ago. I hope I didn't do any damage to the bushings.
Your tilt pins are probably what are squeaking, as stated earlier you want to grease often. I doubt that you have caused any damage to the bushings, just add grease and all will be ok. Most of these bushings are made of hardened steel that takes some time to wear out.

OP
OP
L

lesgawlik

Your tilt pins are probably what are squeaking, as stated earlier you want to grease often. I doubt that you have caused any damage to the bushings, just add grease and all will be ok. Most of these bushings are made of hardened steel that takes some time to wear out.
Thanks for the replies. I found the zerks on the end of the bushings. There were two holes on the pins inside of the arms which are essentially vertical when the bucket is down. I presume these are relief for grease to exit at the end of the bushings. One of the zerks took grease easily. The second is frozen. I plan to apply a little heat to the bushing, and they spray some penetrating oil on it. I figure that the cold oil will contract the zerk, and perhaps allow the oil to get into the threads. I also ordered a grease fitting rejuvenator, which forces oil into the fitting under the pressure of a hammer blow.

OP
OP
L

lesgawlik

Thanks for the replies. I found the zerks on the end of the bushings. There were two holes on the pins inside of the arms which are essentially vertical when the bucket is down. I presume these are relief for grease to exit at the end of the bushings. One of the zerks took grease easily. The second is frozen. I plan to apply a little heat to the bushing, and they spray some penetrating oil on it. I figure that the cold oil will contract the zerk, and perhaps allow the oil to get into the threads. I also ordered a grease fitting rejuvenator, which forces oil into the fitting under the pressure of a hammer blow.
I rotated the bucket up to make it easier to work on, so it is 90* to 100* from where it was. I was able to take the zerk out, it was almost loose. I was able to hook a grease gun to the zerk, and grease shot right through it. I was able to stick a screwdriver in the grease cavity until I hit steel. There was no hardened grease I could feel with the screwdriver. When I put the zerk back in, the joint would still not take grease. It felt completely locked up. I'm hoping that the rejuvenator is able to force oil into the joint, because I'm at a loss as to what to do if it doesn't. For the time being, I tried to drip oil on the gaps near the pin. It won't do much, but it shouldn't hurt.

gtstang462002

I rotated the bucket up to make it easier to work on, so it is 90* to 100* from where it was. I was able to take the zerk out, it was almost loose. I was able to hook a grease gun to the zerk, and grease shot right through it. I was able to stick a screwdriver in the grease cavity until I hit steel. There was no hardened grease I could feel with the screwdriver. When I put the zerk back in, the joint would still not take grease. It felt completely locked up. I'm hoping that the rejuvenator is able to force oil into the joint, because I'm at a loss as to what to do if it doesn't. For the time being, I tried to drip oil on the gaps near the pin. It won't do much, but it shouldn't hurt.
Aerokroil penetrating oil by kano labs shiuld do the trick. You can only buy it from the manufacturer online, but it is well worth the $20 a can that they charge.

OP
OP
L

lesgawlik

Aerokroil penetrating oil by kano labs shiuld do the trick. You can only buy it from the manufacturer online, but it is well worth the $20 a can that they charge.
Thanks, I've heard other good things about that product, I think on shooting forums. It will be worth keeping around.