T200 Fuel pickup

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lesgawlik

My son was running the machine today and I notice the exhaust note change. It went from normal to almost puttering. There was a uncommanded loss of power. When I opened the back, the primer bulb was sucked flat. I assume that there is some blockage in the fuel pickup tube. I just replaced the fuel filter, so I don't think it's that. My guess is that I can disconnect the fuel line at primer bulb, and blow some compressed air to dislodge the gunk in the pickup. I got some Lucas fuel cleaner. I would prefer not having to drop the tank. Any other ideas?

Tazza

Staff member
The end of the pickup tube should have a one way valve on it, if you give it a shot of air it will blow it off. You really need to get in there and remove the tube from the tank and clean it that way.
Without the one way valve, it does make priming a little harder, but it can still be done.

gtstang462002

The end of the pickup tube should have a one way valve on it, if you give it a shot of air it will blow it off. You really need to get in there and remove the tube from the tank and clean it that way.
Without the one way valve, it does make priming a little harder, but it can still be done.
My T300 was doing that as well. The last time that it happened the blockage made it all the way to the fuel bulb, I removed the fuel bulb and was able to push the blockage out with air pressure. I changed the fuel filter and have not had a problem with it since.

siduramaxde

My T300 was doing that as well. The last time that it happened the blockage made it all the way to the fuel bulb, I removed the fuel bulb and was able to push the blockage out with air pressure. I changed the fuel filter and have not had a problem with it since.
You do not have to drop the tank to get to the fuel pick up tube in the tank. The fuel tank is right under the seat. Lift the cab and you will see the fuel tank and the sender screws into the top of the tank. I believe the pick up tube is there too. Easy fix.

biggie

It could be floating crap in the tank. Check the fuel supply hose.If it's routed under the engine, it could be pinched between the fuel tank and engine. You should be able to pull/push some play in them. Try routing new supply and return lines around the engine.