T190 hydraulic questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Doubleup

Hello, I am new to this board and ownership of a T190 Bobcat. I purchased a used T190 non-running with 2600hrs. The owner had not used in over a year and with a few hours work I have it all cleaned up and been able to test that all functions are working. The prior owner stated before he stopped using the bobcat it was leaking hydraulic fluid quite badly however I have yet to find any leaks and the fluid was full when I received it. The only question I have is when lightly initial engagement of the hand drive controls there seems to be a slight bit of vibration and grinding sensation. It lightens up once it is moving along and everything seems to work otherwise just wondering if this is at all normal or if there is something bad going on with the hydrostatic drive system?

Tazza

Staff member
Have you changed the hub oil in the drive motors? When you do, check for metal particles in the oil that comes out. Ensure you get the oil from Bobcat too, it's special stuff.
Change or at least clean the case drain filters too.
Ensure they are ok before giving it a lot of work.

calypso428

Have you changed the hub oil in the drive motors? When you do, check for metal particles in the oil that comes out. Ensure you get the oil from Bobcat too, it's special stuff.
Change or at least clean the case drain filters too.
Ensure they are ok before giving it a lot of work.
First thing I did was buy a Bobcat shop manual for technicians. You can get one in PDF form and its invaluable.... Yes, case drain filters and hub oil should be first order of business... However not easy considering you have to remove the tracks and sprockets and if your by yourself and its your first time like it was one I did mine ... but its still fun especially if everything looks ok in the oil ! ha The grinding could also be one of the idlers, roller, etc , It sounds like that to me i always try to stay optimistic . If somthing is wrong with the drive motors it is expensive ....

OP
OP
D

Doubleup

First thing I did was buy a Bobcat shop manual for technicians. You can get one in PDF form and its invaluable.... Yes, case drain filters and hub oil should be first order of business... However not easy considering you have to remove the tracks and sprockets and if your by yourself and its your first time like it was one I did mine ... but its still fun especially if everything looks ok in the oil ! ha The grinding could also be one of the idlers, roller, etc , It sounds like that to me i always try to stay optimistic . If somthing is wrong with the drive motors it is expensive ....
Thank you for the responses... I just did a complete service, changed fluids and case drain filters etc. next step will be the hub oil however wanted to concentrate on the easier stuff first. Not much has changed with this service however I am reading on other posts that some whine is normal at lower rpm's. Beyond that I am noticing the left control seems to be falling just a bit out of neutral as well as tracking just a little slower on the left side. I will begin now working on the linkage to see if I can remedy the neutral problem. Does anyone know if this could cause it to track slower also on that side or wound that be a larger problem?

walio123

Thank you for the responses... I just did a complete service, changed fluids and case drain filters etc. next step will be the hub oil however wanted to concentrate on the easier stuff first. Not much has changed with this service however I am reading on other posts that some whine is normal at lower rpm's. Beyond that I am noticing the left control seems to be falling just a bit out of neutral as well as tracking just a little slower on the left side. I will begin now working on the linkage to see if I can remedy the neutral problem. Does anyone know if this could cause it to track slower also on that side or wound that be a larger problem?
Yep. This is the correct way. make linkage neutral adjustment an then make linkage adjustment.I see no problem with what you wrote.

Bobcatdan

Yep. This is the correct way. make linkage neutral adjustment an then make linkage adjustment.I see no problem with what you wrote.
While they are directly related to each other, being out of neutral adjustment won't automatically cause tracking problems. Your steering linkage is most likely worn, so adjusting won't really fix anything as it will fall out of adjustment rather quick. It's best to go threw and replace worn parts before adjusting. Also check the pintal levers on the hydrostat where the linkage attaches to the pump, those like to loosen up. As for tracking, that's a bit of guess and test. The bars going from the levers to the pump are slotted. Try adjusting the slow side tighter to speed that side up.